Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EBT, WIC, Welfare, Oh My! Punafare?
No flamethrowers Jerry, I agree 100% with your opinions. Clearly no one is getting rich. Clearly there is a lack of a living wage. I can't imagine a single guy only gets $100 a month in food stamps! I could be wrong but this seems grossly inadequate. I certainly have no problem with the needy getting stamps. It's just that i see a whole lot of people forgoe employment, because they can life "for free" on benefits. If someone in your family works or is trying to work, i have no problem with benefits. It's the people i know who wouldn't consider working as an option when they can just collect that bother me. Someone driving around in a newer car than me, with a laptop, and a $200/week maryjane expense AND getting foodstamps/disability and maybe even working under the table is living beyond their means at the expense of others in my opinon.

BTW i worked on Nader's campaign in Florida in 2000!, same thing i told the cop who accused me of being an idealistic democrat when he pulled me over whilst driving a homeless guy to a shelter because my hispanic friend with a bandana on was sitting in the front seat.

Messages In This Thread
EBT, WIC, Welfare, Oh My! Punafare? - by Hazen - 08-31-2006, 10:14 AM
RE: EBT, WIC, Welfare, Oh My! Punafare? - by Hazen - 09-01-2006, 06:17 AM
RE: EBT, WIC, Welfare, Oh My! Punafare? - by KeithLee - 09-05-2006, 09:19 PM