Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaii's economy . . . or lack thereof
There is no actual economy as there is no will to have big business (only big landowners). Hawaii does not produce (and monetize) anything with actual uniqueness that is competitive on the world stage because big business is frowned upon. Nothing is actually exported or any unique service provided. Hawaii's views on the tourist is we have magical beaches "your welcome". There is a lot of uniqueness in the location and geography that could make for sizable non tourism industry complete with professional corporate jobs and all but there is no interest in any commercial development especially outside of Oahu. While I don't have interest myself why is pot not a viable global export industry for instance. My understanding is it is not dissimilar from coffee in unique attributes to Hawaii. Perhaps prepacked pot products can be sold nationally or internationally? Shouldn't local politicians by pushing for laws to enable those industries. Why not Puna Pot next to Kona Coffee on the world stage. Why not a significantly larger Big Island Candy (perhaps 10k employees) to export Big Island Brownies at a Hershey size? No interest in those things of course. Just mom and pop shops and mainland corporate branches.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hawaii's economy . . . or lack thereof - by Guest - 09-23-2018, 01:54 PM
RE: Hawaii's economy . . . or lack thereof - by ckg - 09-24-2018, 05:43 AM