Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EBT, WIC, Welfare, Oh My! Punafare?
quote:
No flamethrowers Jerry, I agree 100% with your opinions. Clearly no one is getting rich. Clearly there is a lack of a living wage. I can't imagine a single guy only gets $100 a month in food stamps! I could be wrong but this seems grossly inadequate. I certainly have no problem with the needy getting stamps. It's just that i see a whole lot of people forgoe employment, because they can life "for free" on benefits. If someone in your family works or is trying to work, i have no problem with benefits. It's the people i know who wouldn't consider working as an option when they can just collect that bother me. Someone driving around in a newer car than me, with a laptop, and a $200/week maryjane expense AND getting foodstamps/disability and maybe even working under the table is living beyond their means at the expense of others in my opinon.

BTW i worked on Nader's campaign in Florida in 2000!, same thing i told the cop who accused me of being an idealistic democrat when he pulled me over whilst driving a homeless guy to a shelter because my hispanic friend with a bandana on was sitting in the front seat.

Is that the same Nader that threw the election for the dems and put the delusional war monger in office? I am glad enough time has passed and the naderights can come out of hiding.hahaha LOL no offense <wink>
I personally save my angst for serious issues like crimes against children. I'm not to into people ripping off uncle sam when he's the biggest thief out there.

Hey how bout all those self employed guys you think they are hiding any earnings on thier tax returns? <wink>

Messages In This Thread
EBT, WIC, Welfare, Oh My! Punafare? - by Hazen - 08-31-2006, 10:14 AM
RE: EBT, WIC, Welfare, Oh My! Punafare? - by Punamom - 09-02-2006, 11:41 AM
RE: EBT, WIC, Welfare, Oh My! Punafare? - by KeithLee - 09-05-2006, 09:19 PM