Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaiian Beaches Subdivision v. HSRE
Punamom: I love that Ranch (what I have seen of it). It is grand and beautiful and I really appreciate your research on it (which was incredible and I think I know how to do it). I also love the "Nowhereville" aspect to that Ranch. I could definetely hang with that. But, god, it is so close (at least on a map) to Kalapana. I am spooked about a river of steaming stuff coming at my place. So, mentally, I moved further away, toward the coast. I am trying to avoid catchments (I can't even maintain my contact lenses, much less maintain the purity of my water). So HSRE and Beaches have great water and apparently plenty of it!

If I had my druthers, I would go for the Ranch, but it just seems so close to that lava stuff! I am sure I sound exactly like an East Coaster (which I am not) who is afraid to move to California because of Earthquakes, when really can happen at anytime.

I am truly casting a wide net because I want to explore all possibilities. I have to start with water. That's what all three of these places have in common.

Ya know what though? I think I have to come over. My Hawaiian adventure started last February when I went to Molokai --my first visit to the Hawaiian Islands. By the time I left, I had gone native and was giving stinkeye to haoles. (just kidding, but only slightly -- I started to kind of get why they wouldn't want paradise to be spoiled with mosquitoes, mongooses and creaky frogs). Have been obsessing ever since. Going to Kauai next month (pre-planned months ago). I don't think it will be for me, or that I can afford if it is.

I feel strangely drawn to Puna. I like real places that edge toward the surreal. I think I am on the right track.

By the way, you and John Dirgo are founts (lava-like founts) of information. Scared of you!!!

Messages In This Thread
Hawaiian Beaches Subdivision v. HSRE - by Kelena - 09-02-2006, 11:22 AM
RE: Hawaiian Beaches Subdivision v. HSRE - by Kelena - 09-02-2006, 02:18 PM
RE: Hawaiian Beaches Subdivision v. HSRE - by Liz - 07-28-2010, 04:19 PM