Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EBT, WIC, Welfare, Oh My! Punafare?
It’s really tough to judge the circumstances of people in need. Food, education and basic health care are fundamental needs and it’s a problem with society that people need to cheat the system to get them. Given the opportunity and a fair wage most people would want to work and pay their own way.

However, the disparity between the wealthy and poor is at an unprecedented high. Profits at large corporations are at record levels where as average wages have been stagnant or declining. With the cost of everything going up, it’s tough to make a living these days.

Today the majority of Americans need two incomes just to survive. Amazingly the majority supported a government that favored big corporations and the wealthy over the needs of the average citizen.

I’ve had the opportunity to travel and live in many countries and America is still one of the best places to live, with Hawaii being the best. However, the Republic is becoming a Republic of special interests and large corporations; the pendulum needs to shift back to a Republic for the people rather then a select few.

“If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.” Dalai Lama

Edited by - adias on 09/03/2006 08:08:45

Messages In This Thread
EBT, WIC, Welfare, Oh My! Punafare? - by Hazen - 08-31-2006, 10:14 AM
RE: EBT, WIC, Welfare, Oh My! Punafare? - by adias - 09-03-2006, 02:45 AM
RE: EBT, WIC, Welfare, Oh My! Punafare? - by KeithLee - 09-05-2006, 09:19 PM