Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaiian Beaches Subdivision v. HSRE
Glen, I think Hawaiian Beaches & Shores are nice neighborhoods but the lots are small and you will be able to see your neighbors all the time. You mention "nowheresville". I don't think you will feel too remote in those neighborhoods.

I am gathering from your post that you haven't been to the BI before. You really need to stay in Puna in a rental house for a few weeks at the least. But be warned, most of the people I know that have moved over with only one visit have left within a year or two. In some cases they didn't get their ducks in a row before the move. Some of them just loved the romantic idea of moving to an island and then couldn't deal with the little bumps island living sometimes has.

My thought on lava: not mortal threat, everything else is replaceable. I wouldn't worry about it. Regardless of what zone anyone is living in the patterns could shift and they could be at risk. Wouldn't be the first time an extinct volcano came to life. I don't know where you are on mainland but I have a bigger chance of a 100+ yr old oak crashing on my house in Atlanta that lava going over my lot in Seaview. I

Atlanta/Pahoa
Atlanta/Pahoa

Messages In This Thread
Hawaiian Beaches Subdivision v. HSRE - by Kelena - 09-02-2006, 11:22 AM
RE: Hawaiian Beaches Subdivision v. HSRE - by punagirl - 09-04-2006, 02:40 AM
RE: Hawaiian Beaches Subdivision v. HSRE - by Liz - 07-28-2010, 04:19 PM