Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Educating Children/ Teachers needed
I have a friend who moved over to teach and stayed two years. He got the moving bonus, no problem. If I remember correctly they helped him out of a contract here in Atlanta that had something to do with the school system her and his Master's degree reimbursement. He taught at Keaau Middle in the Special Ed department. He had less than flattering things to say about the school system, administration and Keaau Middle. He said it was a total mess and has warned me that my child (no, still not pregnant yet!) would have a horrible education on the BI. He said there was ZERO parental involvement, lots of drugs and fighting. He thought about changing schools but decided to go back to the mainland. He is now teaching at a rural school in Ohio making a lot more money.

I am still planning the move and plan to send my kid to school there. If things don't improve by 2nd or 3rd grade we will re-think the situation and determine if we need to move elsewhere. I am totally against home schooling and really not too fond of the private school thing.

Atlanta/Pahoa
Atlanta/Pahoa

Messages In This Thread
Educating Children/ Teachers needed - by mella l - 09-09-2006, 11:19 PM
RE: Educating Children/ Teachers needed - by punagirl - 09-12-2006, 07:54 AM
RE: Educating Children/ Teachers needed - by LeeE - 07-03-2007, 03:39 AM