Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mauna Loa Observatory - Another CO2 Record
First I want to write that I'm not a climate change (or global warming, whatever the DNC's current buzzword is) denier. My belief is that we do not know if the current climate characteristics are temporary, permanent, caused by mankind's activities, or not.

CO2: Watch this Australian scientist's comparison of CO2 molecules in the atmosphere – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC1l4geSTP8

“...one got it wrong in 1975...”
One advantage I have over you young'ins is that I can remember things you cannot. There were many more publications about the coming Ice Age than the Newsweek edition. As I cannot remember them all, here is a list taken from Longreads:

“Scores of similar articles, some with even more dire predictions of a 'little ice age' to come, appeared during the 1970s in such mainstream publications as Time, Science Digest, The Los Angeles Times, Fortune, The Chicago Tribune, New York Magazine, The New York Times, The Christian Science Monitor, Popular Science, and National Geographic. A worldwide freeze proved irresistible to feature writers prowling for a sexy news peg. 'The media are having a lot of fun with this situation,' observed climatologist J. Murray Mitchell.” – https://longreads.com/2017/04/13/in-1975...sequences/

Re 87 F in Finland: A Swede told me this is because there is an African wind blowing north across Europe. And they're loving it.

I believe the point Paul missed is robustly explained by TomK. I can't quantify the time period predicted in the Newsweek piece. My memory isn't that good.

It's not global warming, it's global government. – meme

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mauna Loa Observatory - Another CO2 Record - by Guest - 07-28-2016, 09:43 AM
RE: Mauna Loa Observatory - Another CO2 Record - by Guest - 07-28-2016, 12:29 PM
RE: Mauna Loa Observatory - Another CO2 Record - by Guest - 07-29-2016, 03:15 AM
RE: Mauna Loa Observatory - Another CO2 Record - by Guest - 09-30-2016, 05:34 PM
RE: Mauna Loa Observatory - Another CO2 Record - by Old Croc - 06-08-2019, 03:16 PM