Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'd love to pick you up
Hey Malolo,

A nice poem and the thoughts behind it.
I like that! Very well done. Smile

I don't know you, so don't know your gender, nor your age, but it is a nice way of looking at the way of life that is there in Puna.
It is okay to not pick someone up and stay within your comfort zone. You can give yourself permission to do that. I would think that they know that not everyone could.

We don't get hitch hikers here where I live, just panhandlers at the street corners.

Once when I was in high school, (real small town, long ago in a far away place) I stopped and was going to pick up a kid I knew beside the road who sometimes hitch hiked. Turned out, I pulled up beside him and it was not him, I had to do some fast tthinking to know what to say in my astonishment. I just said oh, I thought that you were my friend.

The entire town was only about 7 miles long, so not too far to go anywhere from where he was in the center of it. Two blocks to the kids hang out and I think he just walked it.
I was too stunned to know where he wanted to go, I just excused my self and went on my way. That's life.......the end.

The atmosphere down in Puna is different, I think a lot of folks are comfortable doing the hitch hiking and the picking up. It seems a tradition and a nice one. I think too, folks generally know each other there more. Maybe when you are knowing someone who is standing there, it would be a differnt kind of thing.
Perhaps some will chime in about the whole scene. It would be interesting to see some perspectives on it.

Aloha,
Lucy

Having another Great day in Paradise, Wherever that Maybe!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TheLanai
Lucy

Having another Great day in Paradise, Wherever that Maybe!

Messages In This Thread
I'd love to pick you up - by malolo - 09-26-2006, 08:40 AM
RE: I'd love to pick you up - by Andrew - 09-26-2006, 09:04 AM
RE: I'd love to pick you up - by Rob L - 09-26-2006, 10:28 AM
RE: I'd love to pick you up - by Lucy - 09-26-2006, 11:18 AM
RE: I'd love to pick you up - by KeithLee - 09-26-2006, 01:36 PM
RE: I'd love to pick you up - by malolo - 09-27-2006, 01:42 PM
RE: I'd love to pick you up - by Hazen - 09-27-2006, 09:18 PM
RE: I'd love to pick you up - by Lucy - 10-24-2006, 06:18 PM
RE: I'd love to pick you up - by Kapohocat - 10-25-2006, 02:08 AM
RE: I'd love to pick you up - by Carolann R - 10-25-2006, 02:12 AM