Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelves at Costco, Target, Walmart, etc. lately?
I also hit Target for the early seniors' hour and had a mixed experience. I had been about a week ago, so I will make a few comparisons in the pros and cons.

Pros: Better stocked overall than the last time, especially paper products, but canned goods of just about all sorts were virtually absent. The queue management was excellent, and an intimidating looking line all the way back to the far end of the store got me through in just a few minutes. They had plenty of cart wipes, something that Safeway next door was out of when I went there at 07:45. There was plenty of friendly, helpful staff on hand.

Cons: It was far more crowded than last week, and for that reason I will probably not do the senior thing again. Most people were polite and maintained good distance, but some boors were pushing through and getting in other people's space to grab things rather than waiting. I got jostled a couple of times. One guy grabbed my cart handle with his bare hands and moved it while I was two feet away taking something off a shelf. He gave me a dirty look as I turned back to the cart. I ended up parking my cart in a disused corner of the dry goods department and ferrying things to it. That made it easier to navigate the aisles.

Overall, I rate Target management highly and the seniors in the place mixed. If I hadn't has some non-grocery things on my list, Safeway would have been a better option despite the lack of cart wipes. (I carry my own anyway.) No crowds, no queues at checkout, and their groceries were as well stocked as Target overall. Safeway's prices on non-sale items are well known to be higher, but that becomes less important to me in the current situation.

Oh, and one last thing. I took a hot soapy shower when I got home.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Shelves at Costco, Target, Walmart, etc. lately? - by Chunkster - 03-25-2020, 06:53 AM
RE: Shelves at Costco, Target, Walmart, etc. lately? - by taropatch - 03-31-2020, 12:26 PM