Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
COVID-19 confirmed in Hawaii: 607+ cases 16 deaths
For those suggesting a soon to be return to what was before I would suggest a few minutes reflection on how this crisis is changing human behavior.

Considering that our, Hawaii's, normal was seeped in activities that don't lend themselves well to a social distancing modality I suspect our new normal will look nothing like the old, for as long as it takes for science to develop a vaccine. And when, after that, our economy does return to tourism it will have to be rebuilt piecemeal. I suspect the tourist industry is going to be a lot smaller when we start loosening our social restrictions. People and businesses will simply not be able to wait that long to get started again. In other words the money behind the industry will move elsewhere.

Consider this video

https://www.msnbc.com/the-last-word/watc...1719365650

Where Dr. Emanuel explains when he believes we will get back to normal, why we must be honest and realistic about the timeline, and what we must do in the meantime. It really is a sobering assessment of the situation. One that, when applied to our local economic prospects, is very sobering.

Messages In This Thread
RE: COVID-19 confirmed in Hawaii: 607+ cases 16 deaths - by Guest - 04-06-2020, 04:55 PM