Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelves at Costco, Target, Walmart, etc. lately?
quote:
Originally posted by randomq

Thanks all for the reports. Anyone been to Costco?

I work for an a business considered “essential” and was tasked on a trip to the Kona side this past Monday. I always hit Costco after these work trips.

I asked the usual parties I buy stuff for to give me their lists by Sunday so I could combine everything into one list taking into account my usual path through the store — I wanted to get in and out.

I was done early and got there by 11:30 ish (I’ve been told early afternoon is best). The first thing I noticed was the ample parking spaces and though I thought I wouldn’t bother getting gas, there were no lines and I pulled right up to one of the pumps. The price Monday for 87 octane was $2.49 per gallon.

I was expecting to wait in line and there was one. Costco employees were spraying down the cart handles at the beginning of the line and asking the customers to take a cart and head for the queue — I suppose it helps with the social distancing. It took a little over a half an hour to go from the back of the line to enter the store; a good portion spent in the sun (I got a slight sunburn). Near the front of the store there was a whiteboard listing the items that were out of stock, rubbing alcohol and similar.

Once in the store, it was about as pleasant a Costco shopping experience as I’ve had. Maybe because of the shoppers-in-store limit or the fact that most everything on my list was available. There were limits on some products — including things like canned tuna and ziplock bags. There was plenty of Kirkland toilet paper and paper towels on my visit and yes, coffee creamer too. Best of all no wait at the checkout.

Short version: less busy than expected, line to get in a bit of a pain, pleasantly well stocked, no wait at checkout. Good overall experience.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Shelves at Costco, Target, Walmart, etc. lately? - by taropatch - 03-31-2020, 12:26 PM
RE: Shelves at Costco, Target, Walmart, etc. lately? - by dan_c - 04-09-2020, 05:26 PM