Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelves at Costco, Target, Walmart, etc. lately?
quote:
Originally posted by randomq

Costco report for Monday noonish:

Stood in line outside for about 35 minutes, 20 of that in the sun. Folks showing up without masks being turned away. Very uncrowded inside, people observing the 6ft rule except when passing around corners. Everyone wearing masks except one person who looked like they were suddenly too hot or out of breath from wearing it. Overall good effort.

I didn't see anything obviously out of stock. Choke TP and paper towels (limit 1 pack). Plenty of meat, veg, dairy, booze, dry goods, local stuff (kalua pig, macnuts, one-ton chips, coffee, etc..)

25 lbs of general purpose flour for $7, and other varieties like bakers also in abundance.

Plenty of checkout lanes open, most less than 4 deep, all spaced out.

The hot food outside did require Costco card, and as said before only had pizza, dogs, and soda. Instead of "combo" with veggies, they now have "sausage and pepperoni". Maybe something to do with handling vegetables or minimizing staff in the kitchen?

Gas lines seemed short, from memory something like $2.50 regular and $2.80 ethanol-free.

Hardly any traffic between Saddle and Costco. Didn't see a single cop on Saddle. Anti-TMT camp looks like a ghost town with just a few beaters left parked on the lava.

Noticed the Hilo Walmart parking lot looked packed as I drove past.

Thanks randomq

I'm braving the new world tomorrow (going Costco shopping).

Appreciate the update.

Stay safe everyone.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Shelves at Costco, Target, Walmart, etc. lately? - by taropatch - 03-31-2020, 12:26 PM
RE: Shelves at Costco, Target, Walmart, etc. lately? - by lisa - 04-13-2020, 04:09 PM