Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelves at Costco, Target, Walmart, etc. lately?
Costco update for Wednesday, Apr 22. noonish: Our visit was pretty much consistent with randomq's post earlier this month, with a couple of exceptions.
An employee dispensed hand sanitizer just prior to entering the store.

I did notice a difference in stocked items... they were out of a few pantry items that I normally purchase, but I was able to make substitutions on some of those items. They were completely out of canned vegetables and tomatoes in the 15oz. size. However, they did have options available in the 5-6# can sizes that would normally be used in restaurants,cafeterias etc, so way too big for the average consumer.

There were local fresh vegetables for purchase. However, most of the fresh produce from the mainland looked like they were getting "old", which is very unusual for Costco.

There were a variety of meats for purchase, however, the meat counters were not fully stocked.

Hopefully, the less than stocked shelves are more of an indication that less people are shopping at Costco than there being an actual shortage of grocery items.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Shelves at Costco, Target, Walmart, etc. lately? - by taropatch - 03-31-2020, 12:26 PM
RE: Shelves at Costco, Target, Walmart, etc. lately? - by RoGo - 04-24-2020, 08:41 AM