Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
COVID-19 confirmed in Hawaii: 607+ cases 16 deaths
(08-15-2020, 11:01 AM)TomK Wrote: I've not convinced the argument that 50 children getting infected is sort of good news. I understand what you are saying, it's unlikely they will suffer serious health consequences, but they will be sources of transmission to all their families and friends. It's not as if you can isolate kids from their families.

Yes, very difficult to isolate kids.  I suspect they are getting it from their parents more often than vice versa.  What seems to be going on lately is that more asymptomatic people are being tested and many kids are turning up positive.  Found this quote from a news source dated two weeks ago.  Since then, the number of kids found to be carrying the virus has grown significantly. 

Dr. Scott Miscovich, president and founder of Premier Medical Group said a one-year-old toddler recently tested positive for the disease while testing a family cluster.
“What that’s saying from my perspective is that it’s in the families,” Dr. Miscovich said. “It’s also for me a broad reflection of what I have been saying–what we have been saying. We are not paying enough attention to asymptomatic positives.”  
The DOH’s count shows 170 people below the age of 19 have tested positive for coronavirus, almost a quarter of those cases were found this week.
Miscovich said the spread is likely happening within family members who do not feel sick but are unknowingly spreading the virus.
He said there is also growing evidence that children can spread the virus.
Miscovich said, “Fortunately, they are not dying from it. They are not having serious complications–that is black and white, but they are part of spreading it to families and in Hawaii. What about our kupuna?”

Messages In This Thread
RE: COVID-19 confirmed in Hawaii: 607+ cases 16 deaths - by Durian Fiend - 08-15-2020, 03:23 PM