Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fresh Water Discovered Under The Pacific Ocean
Researchers discovered West Hawaii has rivers of fresh water deep underground, which emerge offshore under the ocean.  The good news, Kona & Kohala have a plentiful source of fresh water for the future.  The bad news, it's been suggested the water is brought to the surface with water derricks like oil well platforms in the Gulf of Mexico and elsewhere.  There's no problem if the water wells leak, as they'd only leak water, but don't forget the power of the hotel and multi-million dollar vacation home NIMFY factor.  Not In My Front Yard.

Twice as much freshwater is stored offshore of Hawai'i Island than was previously thought, according to a University of Hawai'i study with important implications for volcanic islands around the world. An extensive reservoir of freshwater within the submarine southern flank of the Hualalai aquifer has been mapped by UH researchers with the Hawai'i EPSCoR Ike Wai project. The groundbreaking findings, published in Science Advances, reveal a novel way in which substantial volumes of freshwater are transported from onshore to offshore submarine aquifers along the coast of Hawai'i Island.

https://scitechdaily.com/discovery-of-su...worldwide/

Messages In This Thread
Fresh Water Discovered Under The Pacific Ocean - by HereOnThePrimalEdge - 11-25-2020, 08:14 PM