Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Asain Food stores...where....or?
Aloha Beachboy,

That galangal is that easy to grow, if not easier then green onion. I hardly weed around it. lol. It's in the ginger family and does well in the tropics. I have a coconut grater from Ponpei. It is a family heirloom that was a gift to my father who traveled there years ago. I don't know if it will be good for shredding the papaya and carrots but it is a wonderful tool for the coconut. A like the marble mortar and pestle from Ross's for macerating garlic and Hawaiian herbs but for bigger things the bigger mortar and pestles I believe can be ordered through the internet. My friend got me a big mortar and pestle bowl from an asian store in Hilo but I have no idea where exactly he got it from. I think their is an asian store near panda travel. I don't know Hilo street and plaza names so thats all I can tell you about it. I don't know if they had thai things though. I just love going into that store just to browse. I usually walk out with a bunch of stuff. I think it is called the Oriental connection. They have various sized of steamers which attracted me to the store.

I'm currently looking for a kafir lime tree for sale. Anybody know where to get one? I might just have to try airlayering a friends if not.

Edited by - momi on 03/08/2007 11:04:42

Messages In This Thread
Asain Food stores...where....or? - by Beachboy - 03-08-2007, 04:18 AM
RE: Asain Food stores...where....or? - by Momi - 03-08-2007, 04:53 AM
RE: Asain Food stores...where....or? - by Momi - 03-08-2007, 06:59 AM
RE: Asain Food stores...where....or? - by Momi - 03-08-2007, 12:39 PM
RE: Asain Food stores...where....or? - by Iju - 03-09-2007, 07:45 AM
RE: Asain Food stores...where....or? - by Momi - 03-13-2007, 12:19 PM