Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
At last ... at last .... moving to Big Island!!
Cindy and Henry,

It is amazing the amount of individuals moving to the Puna area !

We have been advising people from South Carolina, Arkansas and other states that are arriving in the next few months.

Welcome !!

We did not move to re-invent ourselves, rather, just to enjoy life and the beauty of Hawaii.

The great diversity is present in every decision made here , in regards to growth and development, new roads etc.

There are many here, which I find unfortunate, that want things to remain as they are. Never to change. They dislike, as Pam states, People that move here and "try to make it better, like it was back home".

That is what we are finding, a middle ground for issues is hard to come by. I really wish for that.

Circumstances ? Good luck on trying to find a primary physician. The health care system needs assistance.

We initially were retiring in Hawaii. But in Virginia ( like elsewhere ) our real estate prices tripled. We decided to sell out, so sold our main home and rental.

Our parents are still in Virginia, so that was a concern, but in the end - Why wait for our retirement - anything could happen before that time.

To be honest the Big Island was not our first choice. But I hated to spend the amount needed on a home on Oahu ,with no land. Plus we love to landscape, and Puna is perfect for that !

Everyone residing here has this absolutely beautiful , diverse environment outside of their door. How fortunate we are, and you will soon be !

Good Luck !! We all have our own idea of paradise , create it for you and yours.

Greg

Messages In This Thread
RE: At last ... at last .... moving to Big Island!! - by Genxor - 05-26-2007, 06:17 AM