Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Story
for me it was obvious. I grew up on Maui(Lahaina),but ended up in Honolulu because of work. Seems like for ever I have been working as a Waikiki Beachboy, and paying rent on a small home in Kapahulu(less than 700 sq.ft. over 60 yrs old + paying $1500.00 + utilities). I felt like a Hamster in a cage with this life. Only jumping on my wheel to run sometimes. So I told my wife we needed a change in our lives. Buying a home on Oahu wasn't even an issue. Houses there were totally priced out of our league....same with returning to Maui. Homes there were just as bad as Oahu.
So last Nov. I packed up the family and we went to Volcano for a few days. During this time I checked out the subdivisions, and found an agent too. She turned out to be the best thing to happen to us(my family) while on the BI. This agent sticked by me the entire time,and never blinked once while all the contract(prime lending debacle caused my contract to be re-written three times before lender was satisfied) nonsense was happening.

Been living here for over six months now. Plenty of $$$ problems, but refuse to move back to Oahu. I just love the lifestyle here as opposed to Honolulu.
If there is one beef I have about BI, it's the lack of jobs available to the local work force. I'm seriously thinking about returning to Oahu to work! It's not what I want, but it might be my only option? I keep getting turned down for employment here? Seems to be who you know, not what you know?!?!

-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!

Messages In This Thread
Your Story - by lotus - 09-02-2007, 10:29 PM
RE: Your Story - by Carey - 09-03-2007, 02:37 AM
RE: Your Story - by David M - 09-03-2007, 04:24 PM
RE: Your Story - by Beachboy - 09-04-2007, 03:02 AM
RE: Your Story - by Hotzcatz - 09-04-2007, 06:32 AM
RE: Your Story - by Ed Smay - 09-05-2007, 06:10 AM
RE: Your Story - by jdirgo - 09-05-2007, 07:17 AM
RE: Your Story - by John S. Rabi - 09-05-2007, 10:02 AM
RE: Your Story - by robguz - 09-07-2007, 05:44 AM