Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethical tourism
DanielP, when I fly over there for the last time, on a one-way ticket, I'd be glad to sign and send your petition. It's a good one, and I support the concept. At this point, though, I'm none of the below: "..I/we the undersigned residents, property owners, and voters...", and it wouldn't be ethical, appropriate, or even legal for me to try to influence your legislators or local government. In California, petitions for initiatives are invalid if they contain the signatures of non-voters or non-citizens. I'm pretty sure it's the same in Hawaii.

For Punapetah, I'm glad that you get my sense of humor. I have no doubt that there'll be plenty of things left to figure out in 2009, or even in 2019.

Ethical tourism should be a goal. Perhaps in some places, at some times, it is an oxymoron, but I make every effort to not step on or even touch the little coral polyps when I snorkel, I don't leave any trash anywhere in a National Park, or even alongside the roads in beautiful (but slightly trashy) Puna, and I'd work with you to try to put ethics into helicopter flights to the volcano. Think what you wish, I believe they are not incompatible concepts.

How do I know?
Aloha! ;-)

Messages In This Thread
Ethical tourism - by mgeary - 11-13-2007, 04:28 PM
RE: Ethical tourism - by DanielP - 11-13-2007, 04:39 PM
RE: Ethical tourism - by mgeary - 11-13-2007, 04:57 PM
RE: Ethical tourism - by DanielP - 11-13-2007, 05:16 PM
RE: Ethical tourism - by mgeary - 11-13-2007, 06:59 PM
RE: Ethical tourism - by mgeary - 11-13-2007, 07:13 PM