Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The future is now! NO MORE GASOLINE!
Dr james, net metering is the ultimate in solar and is the ultimate system for the well heeled. What is the payback time, and will it come before the panels break down? I concede the power breakdown I gave was a stretch, and you're closer , it appears to be about 25% all 4, geo,solar wind and hydro with geo at 19+% , and the rest 6%. However only geo is uninterrupted. As for transmission , A cable to Maui is a possibility being looked into. If the bi power lines aren't capable they need to upgrade. Again, congratulations on having the ultimate in solar application, but at the cost of a small house kit. Certainly geo has different applications everywhere, we don't really need heat here, but we sure need electric(cheaper). While in nz, check the kauri tree farms, I wish we had of instead of planting eucalyptus for chips! Also, we're buildng a large biodeisel plant in kapolei on oahu, and importing palm oil etc from Indonesia until we grow our own substitutes. I sure hope you can mechanically pick your crop,or labor will be a killer. You'll love nz, ormat is there too, also study the british history in nz, and why a treaty has made a difference in attitude toward the local population. The brits hired a us cavalry unit after the civil war to help overthrow the maori. The cav, on horses were getting their buts whipped by spearthrowing uncompromising maori warriors . Finally, before losing all, the us commander told the brits to negotiate a treaty, which they did and it's negotiated yearly till today. In nz the maori own the geothermal plant and they can even transmit it over 100 miles too bad we can't!

Gordon J Tilley

Messages In This Thread
RE: The future is now! NO MORE GASOLINE! - by gtill - 12-30-2007, 03:44 AM
RE: The future is now! NO MORE GASOLINE! - by Guest - 02-15-2008, 06:05 AM