Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Writer's Group - First Meeting is on June 6th
Hi everyone, thanks for your patience. I met with the Board of the church last night and they enthusiastically approved our having our writer's group there. They are happy to promote the arts in Puna. They have an air conditioned social hall, kitchen for coffee, and indoor bathrooms, comfy tables and chairs, with accommodation for a large group. They are happy to promote the arts in Puna.

The first meeting will be Saturday, June 6, 2009, at 10:00 a.m., at the social hall at Kalapana Mauna Kea First Hawaiian Congregational Church. It is on Kehau Rd. The cross street is Kauai Rd. It's in Nanawale Estates about 7-8 blocks down from the longhouse. The church is painted blue with a large sign with its name on the front. The parking lot is down-slope from the building.

Please bring a story, poem, or memoir, if you have one to read. If not, you can prepare a brief bio of yourself to read. Coffee will be supplied.

We will be having a special speaker, Malia Efay-Brown, who writes for the Puna News. She is currently writing a book, and will share how her career began.

Thank you all for your support. Mella I, had a great thread on Punaweb regarding poetry night in Volcano tonight (Friday). Perhaps in the future we can hold our own poetry slams. It would be a great idea for local youth to get involved.

If you have questions or suggestions, please contact my private e-mail. That way we can free up this board for other Punaweb subjects.

Mahalo,

Cyn

Messages In This Thread
Writer's Group - First Meeting is on June 6th - by Word Mama - 05-29-2009, 02:51 AM
RE: Writer's Group - First Meeting is on June 6th - by Guest - 05-29-2009, 01:18 PM
RE: Writer's Group - First Meeting is on June 6th - by Guest - 05-29-2009, 07:07 PM
RE: Writer's Group - First Meeting is on June 6th - by Guest - 05-30-2009, 02:58 AM
RE: Writer's Group - First Meeting is on June 6th - by missydog1 - 06-05-2009, 01:35 PM