Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here comes the Big Islands Tent Prisons!
Just an idea, but the recidivism rate is an indicator of how badly mistreated the prisoners are. If prisoners were treated inhumanely, or sadistically, why would 60-70% of them re-offend and return to prison within 3 years of their release? We all have freedom of choice, and some people choose to re-offend after having had a jail/prison experience. And the recidivism rate is increasing, not decreasing.

Again, just an opinion, but I think there is a substantial subset of Americans who refuse to follow the rules of a civilized society, even after having due process, having been locked up, warned on probation or parole, etc. They choose to re-offend, over and over until it catches up with them. Look at the threads here on Punaweb about home burglary, theft, drunk driving, etc. The underlying problems may be alcoholism and drug abuse, and I beleive in treatment for those addictions, but the offenders choose to burglarize our homes to support their habits. I do not believe in treatment for thieves or drunk drivers. You can do all the drugs and alcohol you want to in the privacy of your own home, but when you take your addictions out into society, you've made yourself subject to incarceration.

Aloha! ;-)
Aloha! ;-)

Messages In This Thread
Here comes the Big Islands Tent Prisons! - by Guest - 01-30-2008, 03:31 AM
RE: Here comes the Big Islands Tent Prisons! - by Guest - 01-30-2008, 04:05 AM
RE: Here comes the Big Islands Tent Prisons! - by Guest - 01-30-2008, 04:07 AM
RE: Here comes the Big Islands Tent Prisons! - by Guest - 01-30-2008, 06:47 AM
RE: Here comes the Big Islands Tent Prisons! - by mgeary - 03-01-2008, 02:54 AM
RE: Here comes the Big Islands Tent Prisons! - by Guest - 06-11-2008, 01:22 PM