Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Selling your house: Ways to improve it!
I thought with so many waiting on their house sale that this would be a good forum for those to get the house looking new again and hopefully share with others your tips that you have found make it all worthwhile.

Sinks and garbage disposals:
One thing that is an relatively cheap way to spruce up your stainless steel sink is using a product called Cameo Aluminum and Stainless Steel cleaner. Too if you are on the fence about replacing it, this might be something that will make it look new again for you. I think you will be surprised at how well it does.
When I used to sell Cutco/Wearever while in college, we had a product with jewelers rouge in it and another fine powder for scrubbing. that worked wonders on stainless steel, but I have no idea if you can get somehting like that anymore.

The place that first came up with a picture of the product was Amazon.com, so that is what I included for a URL so that you can see it. It comes in a powder form and it worked better in my hard water than Bar Keepers friend did.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006M6...58-3839122

To clean out your garbage disposal, take out the rubber gasket flap, pour in 1/2 cup of baking soda, then slowly add about a cup of vinegar. Vinegar warmed up works better. After that sets for 10 minutes or so run your water till it gets hot and flush the pipes. Replace your rubber gasket

A plumber once told me to never put any grease down my sink, because it will clog everything up, so I always pour it into the trash and wipe down whatever dish or whatever that has any on it. Over the years, I have not had clogged pipes and the combination of using the baking soda and vinegar has helped everything go through smoothly and keep it sweet smelling too.

We use heated vinegar to clean our faucet strainers, showerheads and sinks occasionally. With the showerhead, our is one of those water pik kinds with the long hose. I just set a large dish containing a couple cups of the hot vinegar in the tub up on a stool so that it reaches all of the showerhead and leave it there for an hour.
We have a lot of lime in our water so it takes cleaning fairly often.

Same goes for the dishwasher, but I use a cleaner made just for the dishwasher, as I used vinegar on my last one and it killed the pump. Making a replacement for a new dishwasher!

Aloha,
Lucy

Having another Great day in Paradise, Wherever that Maybe!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TheLanai
Lucy

Having another Great day in Paradise, Wherever that Maybe!

Messages In This Thread
Selling your house: Ways to improve it! - by Lucy - 08-09-2006, 12:55 AM