Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eden Roc Questions... Hopefully some answers.
Aloha Friends!

I am considering purchasing some land in Eden Roc.

The Lot is located on palainui ave @ Kolea St (7 roads down).

Palainui is one of the MAIN paved roads 1 of 2 that leads into Eden Roc and runs through the entire subdivision. The other Main Road is Ohia Ave.

My Questions are...

I already know that Palainui is a BUSY road. It has to be. I haven't been in Eden Roc in years. But how busy is it? Does traffic get backed up all the way to road 7(Kolea)? How is the flow? I can't remember if there are any speed bumps.

The lot is 310' deep, This lot is on the ocean side of Palainui St, so it backs up to 20 acre lots ... And that's nice (or can be). Also, I assume that the tradewinds are coming from the ocean so breeze would be away from traffic.

Anyone know what those 20 Acre lot's are used for? Who Owns them? It appears that there is a road that runs down past this lot to access these lots. Apele Rd. I would imagine that these are 20 Acre AG lots.

I guess my main Concern is Traffic, and who is behind me and what are they doing with those lots? It would really suck to build a small house and find out that they are running a fence down the property line for chicken and pig farming that was planned for a future date and I didn't know about it.

If I were to aquire this lot...

My plan was to make a S Driveway and run it about 200' into lot, would I still hear the traffic with a 200' forest buffer? My thought is Yes, but how bad is it really? How fast are folks driving on this road? Smile Last I recall is seeing SLOW signs and White crosses on this road tho, my memory is not that great of it other then lots of cool sounding birds.

If anyone that has lived there or better yet currently living there knows the answers to these questions.... I'd be grateful if you could provide some insight!!!

Next Question would be... What would one pay for a vacant lot in eden roc at the current location? Reasonable guess's.

My Last question is, I've heard Time Warner running cable down the main roads. What are the chances of getting road runner on these lots?

Thanks!!!

If anyone would want to help by actually looking and walking into this lot, I can provide more detail on where it is, to see if rivers are flowing or dips in the landscape, pools of water, deep holes, etc... I may be able to throw a few bucks to someone willing to do that living in the area. But this would be my last step in researching the property.

Messages In This Thread
Eden Roc Questions... Hopefully some answers. - by ericlp - 08-12-2009, 05:25 PM