Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Everyone quietly (tiptoe) to the earthquake site..
quote:
Originally posted by gtill

I believe the Chineese first reallystudied the correlation with animals, especially fish for pre warning of quakes!
However appearantly the animals didn't sense the last big one in China!
(I heard this in a news blog, any confirmation!)

Good point, gtill. If there was any connection between animal behavior and earthquakes, why aren't there any early-warning systems in place using this technology? Why would the Chinese allow tens of thousands of human deaths for the lack of somebody watching the koi pond?

To me, it's like UFO's and Bigfoot. It may be out there, somewhere, but there is no proof whatsoever. There may be anecdotal stories, probably coincidental, but nothing in the way of cause-and-effect, if-this-then-that sort of science. When somebody comes up with some kind of documented, reproduceable evidence that animals predict earthquakes, then I'll believe. Until then, it's just an urban legend. Lots of people from all around the globe have studied this for decades, but nothing solid has come from it. Why is that?

Aloha! ;-)
Aloha! ;-)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Everyone quietly (tiptoe) to the earthquake site.. - by mgeary - 05-24-2008, 04:14 AM