Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Everyone quietly (tiptoe) to the earthquake site..
In the early nineties, some guy predicted a major earthquake on the New Madrid fault that runs under St. Louis, Missouri. I lived there at the time & it had the entire city pretty freaked out. On the predicted date, I was at home watching TV when my cat started acting really REALLY wierd...kinda siezury, walking funny & yowling low. I flipped out, grabbed her & dove under the oak kitchen table waiting for the 'big one'.

She promptly yacked up a hairball in my lap & to add insult, scooted her butt across the carpet as she tore off down the hall. freaking cat. [B)]

For the past few years, I've regularly woken up *right* before earthquakes hit in CA. It used to creep me out. However, a siesmologist recently claimed that there's a different 'pre-wave' in the earth that can be detected. It happens 10? seconds or so before the seismic waves we feel. That must be what wakes me up & maybe what animals might be feeling. Just a guess. Sounds better than the hairball method.[8D]
* I'd rather fail at happiness than succeed at misery *

Messages In This Thread
RE: Everyone quietly (tiptoe) to the earthquake site.. - by hooligal - 05-24-2008, 03:59 PM