Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hilo Dive Club
Holly Molly... what a day! We had four hard core divers that did two dives past the reefs. We had a few others checking out gear, lots of snorkeling and two or three kayaks that everyone shared. What a great time. Water sports club it is!!! Though we are striving to form a Hilo Dive Club, it is really neat that all the support people and family members can come and have water sports activities too... plus the food! Hotdogs appeared on the grill, soup in a pot, then fresh baked bread, brownies, chips and salsa, a fruit platter.... it was endless. The last of us packed up after 4 PM. Whoa.. what a day! This is the beginning of something special.

Thank you Chili for all your efforts both before and during the day's activities... hauling thr grill and shade/easy-up, etc.... Andrew, can't wait for you to get some of those photos posted.

I must say that Richardson's offered more interest than I expected. It was a longish swim out past the surfers and the reef, but once out there we found great nooks and crannies and rock formations. I think I may have found the beginning of my seafood store.. rock scallops, if I recognized them. Will take my pry bar and a mesh bag next dive. We just might be eating good!

I swam with turtles several times, saw eels, nudibranchs, lots of small reef fish. Nothing I would bother to speer but I have to wonder if there isn't a lobster and crab population out there at night....

Some brief conversations and here is the plan fo the club:

First Sunday of every month is the club dive.
Membership has not been established as yet; we will work on that later when there is a reason to "belong".
Andrew, web master extraordinaire (okay, I can't spell) will be establishing a web page for us once damain name availability is evaluated.
Chili is publishing a list of all the participants who showed up so we can share our names and phone numbers to locate dive buddies for other dive occasions.
Pam will pursue setting up a Yahoo Group once we have a name established so that communication will be easy.

So how is that for a start? Any comments? Did anyone have a good time?

We plan, before this next year is completed, to have our own scuba instruction/courses going, to have a dive compressor for air fills, regular activities and lots of fun. We will need to establish a work crew to build the dive shack for the compressor and any gear storage but we have a location (not at the beach, but lots of party space!!).

Aloha everyone. I have a wonderful time. Special kudos to my Hubby.. he manned the BBQ, hauled my gear, and when we got home I was so tired I could hardly walk, he rinsed it all down and put it out to dry. For a guy who doesn't even swim and snorkel, he sure is a good buddy to this diver!!! Aloha everyone. Look forward to seeing all your posts about the day.
Pam

Just another day in P A R A D I S E !!
I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"

Messages In This Thread
Hilo Dive Club - by pslamont - 09-03-2006, 02:30 PM
RE: Hilo Dive Club - by jm minica - 09-03-2006, 04:25 PM
RE: Hilo Dive Club - by Hazen - 09-03-2006, 04:32 PM
RE: Hilo Dive Club - by Hazen - 09-03-2006, 04:36 PM
RE: Hilo Dive Club - by malolo - 09-03-2006, 05:34 PM
RE: Hilo Dive Club - by Andrew - 09-03-2006, 07:07 PM