Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaiian Shores House Dist. 4 Forum
Great Forum the other night. Kudos to Hawaiian Shores for hosting. And kudos to the candidates for showing up.

Ms. Hannohano was definitely not a leader in this discussion. Her responses were dry and lacking enthusiasm. She did appear to care about Puna and its people, but I am concerned that manner has not played well at the state level.

Ms. Blas is a firecracker. I agreed with Mr. Sparks that Mr. Blas should have run for County Council. He has done alot for his community, but is it what his community has wanted or what he wanted? He is really good at getting individuals and businesses to put their money out there on projects, but where is the government funds? Why is he still mowing Kahakai Park (it is a County Park)?

Mr. Sparks did very well, despite the error on taxes. He totally lost me with the question about what is the most important issue facing the State of Hawaii and he answered - ICE! His solution being to search every container coming into Hawaii ports. Not that I don't agree that illicit drugs are an issue, but if we got rid of all illicit drugs in Hawaii we would still have the economy to deal with (minus the drug money)! His answer struck me as pat and not thought out well.

Mr. Marzi was very well received. He was right on the mark on many of his answers. His point that we are exporting our best and brightest because they cannot afford to start out here was spot on! If we are ever going to have a homegrown future, we must retain a much larger portion of bright new thinkers. That is how we will move away from the "Good Ole Boy" profile that is so ensconced here in Hawaii.

With all that being said, I will vote for my future now!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hawaiian Shores House Dist. 4 Forum - by Jon - 08-29-2008, 04:46 AM
RE: Hawaiian Shores House Dist. 4 Forum - by Jon - 08-29-2008, 06:05 AM
RE: Hawaiian Shores House Dist. 4 Forum - by roseroo14 - 08-29-2008, 06:53 AM
RE: Hawaiian Shores House Dist. 4 Forum - by Guest - 08-29-2008, 07:32 AM
RE: Hawaiian Shores House Dist. 4 Forum - by roseroo14 - 08-29-2008, 01:17 PM
RE: Hawaiian Shores House Dist. 4 Forum - by na ilio noa - 08-30-2008, 03:46 AM