Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orchidland B of D liability issue
Big Island,

I think you have some of your information wrong, and are missing some important facts. For example, the husband and wife you mention did not have anything done on their property, that was the road manager.

Several years ago the OLCA was owed almost $300,000.00 in unpaid road fees. A number of people had never paid any fees. There were several reasons given. Some people did not want roads maintained, some people thought road fees should be voluntary, some thought it did not apply to anyone who owned their property prior to 1993, etc.

An attempt to collect unpaid fees was begun and was quite successful. As part of this, in extreme cases there was threat of foreclosure. This became a hot button topic, going so far as to have one community member threaten to burn down the house of a board member.

To complicate financial matters, after the October(?) deluge the board spent tens of thousands of dollars more than they had to put cinder on all the roads. That brought an effective end to road maintenance for some time.

I think the OLCA statement quoted by Big Island has some information that is incorrect, hearsay or opinion. For these reasons I have asked the OLCA board to remove my name from their website. I would also ask Big Island (and Rob, if need be) to edit his post and remove my name.

Jerry
Art and Orchids B&B
http://www.artandorchids.com
Jerry
Art and Orchids B&B
http://www.artandorchids.com

Messages In This Thread
Orchidland B of D liability issue - by DoryGray - 12-23-2008, 08:47 AM
RE: Orchidland B of D liability issue - by dcl - 12-23-2008, 10:37 AM
RE: Orchidland B of D liability issue - by wyatt - 12-24-2008, 03:46 AM
RE: Orchidland B of D liability issue - by Seeb - 12-24-2008, 02:50 PM
RE: Orchidland B of D liability issue - by dcl - 12-24-2008, 04:54 PM