Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would the good people of Puna put up w/ this
I've seen a couple variations:

After Sophie was in her accident, I received a lien from the hospital while she was still a patient - and she had insurance. As she was only in that hospital 15 days, I was quite shocked how "efficient" the were. Seems in the intensity of the moment in ER, one of the forms I signed was to acknowledge financial responsibility. Her insurance case worker and I became well acquainted as she spent 5 months in the hospital before coming home for homecare. In a way, the insurance company good the last laugh - because there was a lawsuit involving a third party they actually got the first check - even before the attorney. Yes, they attempted to recoup every penny they spent.

We had a neighbor who lived across the street from us in Atlanta, not well off by any standard, but owned their house, cars, his business. On at least two occasions of hospitalization the insurance covered only a small amount, leaving them responsible for a significant balance. In both cases, they were able to get the hospital reduce that amount to some small affordable amount which they paid and the rest was written off.

Near the end of my Mom's life, she spent about a week in the hospital. No surgery, just a couple blood transfusions. Anyway, after she passed, the hospital would mail a bill addressed to her. The first couple, my Dad opened and would phone the hospital to remind them of her demise. When that didn't work, whenever a bill came he'd write "Deceased, no forwarding address - Return to Sender". Apparently it worked after awhile.

David

Ninole Resident
Ninole Resident

Messages In This Thread
Would the good people of Puna put up w/ this - by Guest - 02-11-2009, 06:19 AM
RE: Would the good people of Puna put up w/ this - by Guest - 02-11-2009, 06:47 AM
RE: Would the good people of Puna put up w/ this - by Guest - 02-12-2009, 06:02 AM
RE: Would the good people of Puna put up w/ this - by David M - 02-12-2009, 07:26 PM
RE: Would the good people of Puna put up w/ this - by Guest - 02-12-2009, 10:21 PM
RE: Would the good people of Puna put up w/ this - by Guest - 02-16-2009, 12:43 AM
RE: Would the good people of Puna put up w/ this - by Guest - 02-16-2009, 11:38 AM