Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would the good people of Puna put up w/ this
Jon, your response speaks volumes about you. You seem to take everything personally.

The old, hackneyed "everyone-that-has-ever-disagreed-with-you-is-delusional" argument doesn't hold water. Remember, we're all just giving opinions here. In fact, I posted to listen to intelligent, well-thought-out responses on both sides of the argument. I prefaced my previous post by saying that I didn't have the answers. But Jon, you always seems so cocksure of your opinion on so many topics, including that America's medical/insurance system is hunky-dory. I respectfully disagree, and reserve the right to question how open your mind is.

And I'm not following your logic about "big brother dictating who gets medical care and who does not." Is this a metaphysical argument or do you have specific case studies to back up your claim? (And who's talking about dope here?) All I know is that in some countries, EVERYONE gets medical care. Jon, have you ever lived in a foreign country and experienced first hand socialized medicine? Or are you basing your opinion on second-hand information? My concern would be on how good the medical care actually is in countries with socialized medicine. (See, I'm objectively trying to look at the pros and cons here, not make the reality fit my preconceived opinions.) Honestly, I've never heard of anyone in Japan or Switzerland being turned down for medical care.

Feel free to post what you will, Jon. Personally I'm looking for informed, objective, out-of-the-box opinions free from the mind-limiting constraints of political dogma.

Tim
Tim

A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions--Confucius

Messages In This Thread
Would the good people of Puna put up w/ this - by Guest - 02-11-2009, 06:19 AM
RE: Would the good people of Puna put up w/ this - by Guest - 02-11-2009, 06:47 AM
RE: Would the good people of Puna put up w/ this - by Guest - 02-12-2009, 06:02 AM
RE: Would the good people of Puna put up w/ this - by Guest - 02-12-2009, 10:21 PM
RE: Would the good people of Puna put up w/ this - by punafish - 02-13-2009, 05:59 AM
RE: Would the good people of Puna put up w/ this - by Guest - 02-16-2009, 12:43 AM
RE: Would the good people of Puna put up w/ this - by Guest - 02-16-2009, 11:38 AM