Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homeowners Insurance in Nanawale est.
hey, thanks for the responses!

quote:
We all live on the flanks of the most active volcano in the world. I don’t really think it matters much where you call home on either of the two east side volcanos.

Actually I chose to buy in Lava Zone 8, Scott, this last go-round, after looking seriously at Zone 2 (and 3).

John, yes I remember well your investments in Leilani, and I take your point about property values.

I respect all your opinions and am just interested in how people feel about this risk. I agree Hilo is not "safe" - especially Kaumana City - but I wouldn't live in Kaumana City. My last house was in lower Waiakea. I didn't feel like it was immune, but there sure would be a lot of people in the boat if it went down.

I do think there's a difference between being in an area right by the rift and an area that would be reached slowly, with a lot of warning.

I'm probably more concerned with fire than the average person, because I have had my house burn down in the middle of the night and barely gotten out in time, lost all my stuff that had memories. Then later my neighbor's house burned down in the middle of the night and it was built with a 0 foot setback so the fire was literally seven feet away from my house ... fire for me is not a hypothetical ...

But then, there are lots of ways other than lava to have a fire.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Homeowners Insurance in Nanawale est. - by Guest - 03-06-2009, 12:43 PM
RE: Homeowners Insurance in Nanawale est. - by missydog1 - 03-07-2009, 06:14 AM
RE: Homeowners Insurance in Nanawale est. - by missydog1 - 03-07-2009, 07:51 AM
RE: Homeowners Insurance in Nanawale est. - by missydog1 - 03-08-2009, 12:02 PM
RE: Homeowners Insurance in Nanawale est. - by missydog1 - 03-09-2009, 05:23 AM