Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help...I need all of you to talk to me
This is the deal....and Pam already knows us and our story...but I really would like to hear from any and all of you really quick on this. John my husband is 60 and I am 55. We have paid 3 paid for lots there, 2 in Tiki which are ready to build on and one in Greensands uncleared. We sold our home here in Oklahoma and have the funds to build a home there. We sold our window cleaning business to our son and we will have money to live on from that for about a year. We are simple living types, except the golf my husband loves. Our 7 kids are all grown and off on their own lives, all that is fine. John has a teaching degree, and could get his CDL and drive trucks (thanks pam for that idea) and I have been home with the kids mostly but have (art skills and we both have construction skills and knowledge...I think I will prepare myself to be a home draftsperson, no debt, great credit. We both love Hawaii and Oklahoma feels no longer home since we came back. We were there in May and prepared those lots in Tiki, saw permit delays, had our grown son and wife with us whom we were financially resposible, and shouldn't have brought them..oops. They are now settled in here in Oklahoma and happy. Ok the next part...we could open a Greek Sandwich Shop here...invest about $30,000, and be responsible for the year lease of $2100 per month for 1 year, and John does have experience in the area of this. We could be successful in it with lots of hard work, time. Or we could lose about $60,000 if it flops. The other choice we see is coming back and living in a yurt on our property, John buys a dump truck, delivers loads to people or rock etc., and waiting for our permit, building our home, living simply, relaxing and just find our place in hawaii, making friends, being friends, living the last 15 to 20 years of your lives (and we do know our years are limited on this earth). Should we listen to our hearts or to our minds telling us to make money while we can? We can do either but we must make a decision in the next week. I want to hear from all of you willing to talk. Please.

Messages In This Thread
Help...I need all of you to talk to me - by nanasohana - 07-26-2005, 11:09 AM
RE: Help...I need all of you to talk to me - by wa2hfi - 07-26-2005, 01:43 PM