Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPP, Easments and Albizias
I live in HPP and am pretty much in Albizia hell.

The two vacant lots surrounding mine are choke full of tall Albizia. They drop branches on my fence, have just missed falling on playing children, deny my fruit and nut trees sunlight and may be the reason I am unable to provide my home with solar power because of overhanging branches.

I am in the process of notifying non-resident property owners regarding their liability and obligations for trees originating on their lots. I'm not sure if they are aware of the problems their trees are causing so I am sending them photos. I hope we can resolve our problems amicably.

My real issue seems to be with HPP. I live on of one of the main roads. The acre long easment between my property and the road is also choke with tall Albizia and other trash trees. Last week, a branch fell from one of the taller trees onto the main road. Luckily no cars or pedestrians were in the vicinity at the time.

I've called hppoa and left messages regarding the trees. I've been told that my concerns would be passed on to the Yard Supervisor, but so far no response and no return calls.

I was wondering if anyone knows what hpp's responsibilities and obligations are - if any - regarding easment maintenance and liability. Are there any procedures or channels one must go through for some sort of resolution. Any advice, insight or pointed direction towards the applicable section of hpp's bylaws would be appreciated.

It is not my intention to make war with hpp. I had to have several large Albizia on my side of the property line taken down because they were perilously close to the street and I was concerned about liability - the process was not cheap. I really can't afford to tackle trees on the easment.

Any advise appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Messages In This Thread
HPP, Easments and Albizias - by OrchidIslander - 07-23-2011, 05:28 PM
RE: HPP, Easments and Albizias - by John S. Rabi - 07-24-2011, 06:03 AM
RE: HPP, Easments and Albizias - by EightFingers - 07-25-2011, 05:15 AM
RE: HPP, Easments and Albizias - by MarkP - 07-25-2011, 05:58 AM
RE: HPP, Easments and Albizias - by Kahunascott - 07-25-2011, 10:34 AM
RE: HPP, Easments and Albizias - by John S. Rabi - 07-25-2011, 11:41 AM
RE: HPP, Easments and Albizias - by csgray - 07-26-2011, 01:20 PM