Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
from PCMC; a FLU update
Bob, I don't know where you suddenly came up with this "mistakenly diagnosed flu" data so please do us a favor and provide documentation that proves the first case of Mexican Flu originated in the USA because I haven't heard anything about it, and if true, we should then call it the American Flu. Your notion of my labeling this virus the Mexican Flu because I want to conjure fear of "dark folks" is based upon ignorance, and in doing so you depicted me as being some sort of prejudiced person. Because of this, I think you may be losing it because you mindlessly played an "ethnic card" without knowing anything about me other than I was naming the virus in its traditional and globally-accepted manner. By default, you have played the card on those who you must believe conjured fear of Asians for calling that one the Hong Kong Flu or Spain for the Spanish Flu.

If nothing else, you are suffering from an overdose of "political correctness" and it's making you lash out at people without provocation. You may want to talk to a doctor about it.

quote:
Originally posted by Bob Orts

quote:
Originally posted by centipede

One thing that comes to mind is that perhaps the Mexican Flu continues to mutate.
Centipede, a suggestion: Whenever you are referring to this flu, "Mexican" is not the way to identify it since they discovered it originated in the U.S. of A., not Mexico. The first "identifiable" cases (due to a cluster) were in Mexico but the first cases were in america but mistakenly misdiagnosed as flu. I know it conjures up more fear by using "Mexico" in the name, after all them "dark folks' have to be the villians.

Messages In This Thread
from PCMC; a FLU update - by Domizio - 08-08-2009, 05:15 AM
RE: from PCMC; a FLU update - by centipede - 08-08-2009, 08:53 AM
RE: from PCMC; a FLU update - by Domizio - 08-09-2009, 02:41 AM
RE: from PCMC; a FLU update - by PaulW - 08-09-2009, 02:42 AM
RE: from PCMC; a FLU update - by JerryCarr - 08-09-2009, 04:10 AM
RE: from PCMC; a FLU update - by centipede - 08-09-2009, 11:14 AM
RE: from PCMC; a FLU update - by Bob Orts - 08-10-2009, 05:00 AM
RE: from PCMC; a FLU update - by Domizio - 08-12-2009, 05:11 AM
RE: from PCMC; a FLU update - by centipede - 08-16-2009, 10:16 PM