Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taj Mahal last night at Peoples Theatre
Honokaa was rockin' to the Blues last night. My wife and I drove from our place in HPP to see The Taj Mahal Hula Blues Band last night at The Peoples Theatre in Honokaa. Somehow, in all these years, though I have been a big fan of Taj's, neither of us had ever seen him in concert. He put on a fine show last night. I had some of his albums, " Nat'l Blues", and "Giant Step", and consider these two all time favorites. He did 4-5 songs from the former album. That album is from 1968 by the way, and still stands up today 43 years later. I can easily see that, when you pay to see Taj, you get your moneys worth. He works hard and it shows. It looked like about all the seats were taken, with lots of people dancing on each side of the stage.
It was our first at Honokaa. Seems like a very cool little town. We'll have to go back in the daytime and see it much better.

Jon in Puyallup, Wa.
Jon in Keaau/HPP

Messages In This Thread
Taj Mahal last night at Peoples Theatre - by birdmove - 10-16-2011, 06:22 AM
RE: Taj Mahal last night at Peoples Theatre - by missydog1 - 10-16-2011, 11:16 AM
RE: Taj Mahal last night at Peoples Theatre - by dmbwest - 10-17-2011, 06:23 PM
RE: Taj Mahal last night at Peoples Theatre - by missydog1 - 10-21-2011, 09:40 AM
RE: Taj Mahal last night at Peoples Theatre - by missydog1 - 10-22-2011, 04:33 PM