Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Current status of animals to Hawaii
I can help you due to going through the process now. It isn't cheap it is easier to bring a child to Hawaii. I will be showing back up in less than a month so flight is all that is left.

No dogs flying in plan unless you charter a plane for major $$ with other people still in over $4000. per person and dog to my understanding. Service dogs must go through more of a process of months.

1st Rabies and second rabies - must be two no less than 90 days a apart. If already current on rabies must get another. Less than 2yrs off arrival.

affter second rabies shot (if new then you need to wait for 21 days before blood test doesn't say that) get a blood test only to Kansas University and have paperwork when sent for Hawaii entry by the vet so you don't have to do it.

Micro chip before blood work. Must only be Avid or Homeagain brands no others. Had to chip my dog again. Wait 120 days from blood work processed and recieved at Kansas and must pass a blood titer of .5 ml. If dog already had shots no problem.

Have both rabies certificates that you mail signed in Blue ink if you can to show no photo copy and match the Home Again or Avid microchip even if you have another brand. Hawaii paperwork only takes orginals.

Health Certificate must have weight, healthy, and dog is healthy to fly from mainland to Hawaii added to it for mainland airport able to fly from 20 degrees to 100 degrees other wise flying in winter or summer planes will not take. Must be done 14 days but do it within 10 days to be safe... also then the vet must put on long acting tick drops on dog and health certificate that isn't Revaloution brand.

Get dog on heartworm medication not a requirement but needed to my understanding in Hawaii.

Crate and dog with bedding must be under 70lbs otherwise must ship cargo and price will triple. Inculding you will need to take dog to another place other than baggage. 1 lbs difference will affect the flight. My dog if doesn't loose 2lbs will cause me to pay $225 on Hawaiian to $640.00 per way...they are weighing carryons now so no getting around it. Other airlines cheaper for dog but 3 times the cost of my flight and I still have to go to the Big Island. No X large crates interisland. A outfit out of LA does send dogs to Honolulu for good price on Tuesdays at 2am if she is near there and it is a cargo plane that puts dogs in first class area. I would go through them if near LA and small dog.

Make a reservation through Cargo on Hawaiian at least including your mothers ticket to reserve spot for dog. Only 2 to 3 allowed per flight. If not with passenger again the price goes up. Also if it is a short nosed breed only certain dates are allowed to ship dogs. Meaning Boxer, Pug etc.....

You can fly into Kona and Maui now also but won't go into those regs unless asked.

Good luck I figure I will be into my dog if going cargo about $3500 with all prep and flight round trip.

There is also another way to possible do this by anexity serpertation for quauratne done also but it it fails your mom's dog would be in Honolulu or interislands for more than $2000 for the 120 days in a kennel. Not Many airlines take dogs Hawaiian, NW/Delta and Continantel is it no Alaskan airlines will take dogs. LA , SF and Seattle are the major hubs for flying dogs.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Current status of animals to Hawaii - by NW friend - 11-24-2009, 11:09 PM
RE: Current status of animals to Hawaii - by Liz - 11-30-2009, 10:46 AM
RE: Current status of animals to Hawaii - by Liz - 12-05-2009, 05:16 PM