Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2012 HPP Internet Service Provider Survey
Hello fellow Punaweb members,

As I ponder my move to HPP, first and foremost for me is internet access. It's a must have for me to make a living. I'm trying to get a sense for where service is available in the park and who is providing the service. Also interested in the speeds users are getting. You can visit http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/ and run some upload and download tests to see what kind of service you're getting.

I've seen chats here and there about Aloha broadband, but not relating to location and availability in the park.

What would be helpful is if people would chime in and say who their service provider is, and what street they live on. This info would really help to get a sense of things.

You could also discuss your experience with that service provider if you choose to share.

Thanks in advance. All I can do really is try and learn the present state of affairs and then start calling the cable company and telephone company and others and try and push things forward.

I've also been investigating some new satellite systems - schools still out there.

(Edited to remove Coconut wireless - was recalling from memory - Coconut wireless is not on Big Island.)

Messages In This Thread
2012 HPP Internet Service Provider Survey - by beejee - 01-30-2012, 04:48 PM
RE: 2012 HPP Internet Service Provider Survey - by missydog1 - 01-31-2012, 10:31 AM