Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Anyone Else on PunaWeb Sick of This?
quote:
Originally posted by PaulW

Obie, you have a friend that has a vacation rental in Kapoho, so that means nobody is allowed to say anything negative about Kapoho on any forum? Interesting perspective.

If that person had first hand knowledge about any particular vacation rental and posted it that would be fine.KathyH is condemning an entire neighborhood and all of the vacation rentals and she doesn't live here and does not have first hand knowledge.
How can you know if someone doesn't have first-hand knowledge, except if they say that themselves as a disclaimer?
I did a quick google and a lot of people are complaining about the tide pools. I wonder why.
quote:
Originally posted by PaulW

How can you know if someone doesn't have first-hand knowledge, except if they say that themselves as a disclaimer?
I did a quick google and a lot of people are complaining about the tide pools. I wonder why.

Because they are all just posting b/s that they picked up from the internet.

Moved to a new topic.
Obie, I think you need to start a new topic on water quality in Kapoho.

Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
"And [Obie] hijacks another thread !!"

I don't see this as a new phenomenon whatsoever here on Punaweb. When I first joined years ago, my threads and person were attacked by a then 'newbie' as well as some old timers. Lame and unfounded personal remarks about my character were made among other things. It's not surprising. People go drunk with anonymity, some people act drunk just because they aren't face to face with a person, and still others are just drunks.

I figure most people learned how to handle that jive in high school: Try to take the high road, try to be clear and respectful in your communications and when that fails, explain your stance one last time and walk away. But I guess you've got people who never made it that far developmentally. It still works if one person does it.

Regardless, the attacking and devolving of communication is not a new thing. Unless it's gotten even worse in recent months?? I'm glad that Rob and the other moderators took a hard stance on the abuse going on with the Lack and some other posters, and I'm glad they plan to continue that work. Sad that it's necessary, but necessary it is.

I've admittedly wondered if the Lack included me in his hate spewing after I called him on the slut comment the day before he was ousted... but dredging it up isn't going to do any good. I'd just get pissed and he'd just get jolly, so why even search for it? And what he's done to KathyH? If I hear it right, it's criminal and I'm glad those types don't have a forum here anymore, or I'd have to bow out completely too.

I reached a point here on PW where I post on subjects that I care about and will check back if I think some good dialogue will come of it, but if not... Movin' on. It's not a valid source to gain one's self worth from... and I don't think it was meant to be! It is however, often a great place to get valid information and good discourse if you can jump the jerks.
Melissa Fletcher
Well said, Yurtgirl.

You have defined the real character of Punaweb, which is exemplified by the aloha shown by the majority of punaweb posters.

Rock on!

Aloha,
Lee
http://members.cruzio.com/~lionel/event
Lee Eisenstein
http://members.cruzio.com/~lionel/event

"Be kinder than necessary, as everyone you meet is engaged in some kind of strudel."
My solution for now is this: if a thread turns ugly and personal, I'm out and may even take my posts in that thread with me. I won't contribute. You can delete your own comments by clicking on the little trash can icon.
Shoot, that's not just the character of Punaweb, but of every internet forum. PW is far milder than practically any other one I've been on. Here at least the main perpetrators of insults and assorted BS, from my perspective, don't really contribute anything useful and even have usernames starting with the same letter, so they're easy to ignore. It's harder when dealing with more complex people that are mostly good but occasionally crap on you. Maybe KathyH falls into the latter category for some people, but I haven't seen anything objectionable from her.
I agree with John. I rarely even come read here any more because of the ugliness. And when I do I see threads like this.[V]

quote:
Originally posted by John S. Rabi

I have been one of the "original members" of punaweb since Day 1, and I used to post a lot here because it was a friendly place with nice people. It has changed so much the last year or so that I do not even post in any other threads anymore but real estate here. Unfortunately, the not so nice people here even attack on facts posted too. I disagree with Rob about "Punaweb has been doing rather well lately" but that's his determination to make.

Aloha,
John S. Rabi, GM,PB,ABR,CRB,CM,FHS
johnrabi@johnrabi.com
http://www.JohnRabi.com
Typically Tropical Properties
"The Next Level of Service!"
(This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors http://KonaBoardOfRealtors.info)

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

www.myhawaiianhome.blogspot.com
www.eastbaypotters.blogspot.com