Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaiian Shore's speed bumps
quote:
Originally posted by Chuysmom

I am so not surprised that this thread has come to this. I live in HSRE and anytime ANY subject regarding or having to do with the BOD comes up, there are hateful, spiteful words slung back and forth and without fail it always comes to a terrible argument.

I don't know why it's like this but it always has been. There are so many new posters on this particular thread that it seems they register just to jump into this mud puddle.

We stopped going to board meetings and listening to the bickering years ago. I hope you all can find a little peace of mind somewhere in all of this.[Smile]

Blessings,

Carrie

Carrie - it hasn't ALWAYS been this way. Ten to twenty years ago, things were peaceful. People lived and let live. All the sniping has been between 2 boards. It will continue until there is balanced representation of the membership on the board and not egos with special interests and agendas.

Here's hoping for the return of sanity to HSCA.
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - Albert Einstein

Its coming. I will talk to every individual in the HSCA if I have to. Unless the speed bumps disappear and I lose my motivation. In the mean time I will make sure everyone will be honking for safety at the bumps.
HONK! HONK! HONK! You got it!
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - Albert Einstein
If there is not a balanced representation on the board, it's nobody's fault but the property owners that are too busy or important to get involved.

Don't blame the volunteer board; If you don't like them vote them out.
Greg said: If there is not a balanced representation on the board, it's nobody's fault but the property owners that are too busy or important to get involved.

ME: That is the unabashed truth! I would only add, because of the historic division for the past few years and because of the raucous nature sometimes exhibited primarily by frustrated owners on both sides the increase in apathy is more noticed. It is astounding that the folks who recoil, who are too busy or too 'important' [not sure what that means] do not quite get that decisions are made by any Board that directly impact their property values as well as their personal finances. So far, there has been no need for a Membership wide special assessment in any particular amount. But that may be right around the corner.

Greg Said: Don't blame the volunteer board; If you don't like them vote them out.

Me: Exactly! And this year there are 10 candidates ranging from the ages of mid twenties to mid seventies and the ballot is evenly split between genders. The educational and work background is diverse and they live or own property from about the middle of the subdivision down to the ocean.

Question Authority!
"Q might have done the right thing for the wrong reason, perhaps we need a good kick in our complacency to get us ready for what's ahead" -- Captain Picard, to Guinan (Q Who?)
You are all right. There is however no reason that the current board and president not to consider doing the right thing now.
@ HSCA MEMBERSHIP, WHERE WAS THE OUT CRY WHEN THE FORMER BOD SPENT OVER $100,000 ON WATER METER WE DID'N NEED AND LIE TO THE MEMBERSHIP ABOUT WHY WE NEEDED THEM, MAYBE CRITTERLOVERS KNOWS.
YOU CAN'T PLEASE ALL OF THE PEOPLE ALL OF THE TIME, BUT YOU CAN PLEASE SOME OF THE PEOPLE SOME OF THE TIME. DON'T MATTER WHO IS ON THE BOD SOMEBODY WILL FIND SOMETHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THEM.
MAYBE STOP SIGNS WOULD HAVE BEEN A BETTER SOLUTION. OR MAYBE BECOME A GATED COMMUNITY FROM OPELU DOWN.
"The formula 'Two and two make five' is not without its attractions." - Fyodor Dostoevsky

Personally, since this thread is about speed bumps I think it would be best for my comments here to remain related to the topic as much as possible. This is not an 'HSCA' sponsored site; it is a forum kindly offered for discussion related to Puna. Thank you Rob for your generosity. I flub up occasionally by straying off topic but try and veer back before I wander too far. I do have a bit of a sensitivity to the ALL CAPS considering netiquette and all. Is that frustration or is that shouting? I will kindly consider it frustration.

@Whitey, ::::::::::::::Confuseditting on hands::::::zipping lips:::::::::::: isn't 2+2 5?????

Question Authority!
"Q might have done the right thing for the wrong reason, perhaps we need a good kick in our complacency to get us ready for what's ahead" -- Captain Picard, to Guinan (Q Who?)
Honking the horn sound very childish. I would hope you could come up with something better than that. Why don't the HSCA members post on HSCA FACE BOOK and maybe brain storm the ideal for a solution instead of b****'n on the Puna web.