Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPP stuff
quote:
Originally posted by shockwave rider
When I started this thread it was to create a place for what I called "wide open" discussion of HPP issues and I specifically asked that people not try to "out" other people's off line identities. Mermaid refused to respect that and posted yet another accusation that HPPwatchdog is kahunascott is the the former general manager of HPP. Personally I highly doubt that, from all of his post here over many years I just don't see him pretending to be someone he isn't. I never met the man myself, but that is my impression.

"I just don't see him pretending to be someone he isn't." Now that is an interesting comment.

You may doubt it shockwaverider but as you said, you don't know him. I have known the former GM and worked with him for over 4 yrs so I speak from experience.

Orchidlandguy started 2 threads, one of them for TE's and those that wished to only speak about the lawsuit. Did the TE's and their supporters respect that? No, they came to the other thread ranting about the lawsuit. Then you started this thread after orchidlandguy shut down the 2 threads he started.

Yes, I think Rob was very patient while hppwatchdog intimidated and threatened to pull posters into his lawsuit for defamation. The TE's have NO IDEA how this lawsuit will turn out so please stop listening to their "slam dunk" propaganda. Where do they get this idea that it's a slam dunk when the trial hasn't even begun?

Some of the TE info and style of posting in my opinion has been and is to instill fear. What better way to get people fired up and to assist in their agenda? What better way to do it than to pose as a member and do it from within? It's covert and ethically wrong.

Yes, we have big problems with what's been going on with certain members managing HPP and the delay of hiring employees to do the work. Members should be asking important questions about these topics. No one's stealing our money. Yes, there is a lot of dysfunction going on. But it's absurd to listen to TE's criticizing them when we had serious problems with our last mgmt and board. Who's calling the kettle black?
Aloha~
quote:
Originally posted by mermaid53

quote:
Originally posted by shockwave rider
When I started this thread it was to create a place for what I called "wide open" discussion of HPP issues and I specifically asked that people not try to "out" other people's off line identities. Mermaid refused to respect that and posted yet another accusation that HPPwatchdog is kahunascott is the the former general manager of HPP. Personally I highly doubt that, from all of his post here over many years I just don't see him pretending to be someone he isn't. I never met the man myself, but that is my impression.

"I just don't see him pretending to be someone he isn't." Now that is an interesting comment.

You may doubt it shockwaverider but as you said, you don't know him. I have known the former GM and worked with him for over 4 yrs so I speak from experience.

Orchidlandguy started 2 threads, one of them for TE's and those that wished to only speak about the lawsuit. Did the TE's and their supporters respect that? No, they came to the other thread ranting about the lawsuit. Then you started this thread after orchidlandguy shut down the 2 threads he started.

Yes, I think Rob was very patient while hppwatchdog intimidated and threatened to pull posters into his lawsuit for defamation. The TE's have NO IDEA how this lawsuit will turn out so please stop listening to their "slam dunk" propaganda. Where do they get this idea that it's a slam dunk when the trial hasn't even begun?

Some of the TE info and style of posting in my opinion has been and is to instill fear. What better way to get people fired up and to assist in their agenda? What better way to do it than to pose as a member and do it from within? It's covert and ethically wrong.

Yes, we have big problems with what's been going on with certain members managing HPP and the delay of hiring employees to do the work. Members should be asking important questions about these topics. No one's stealing our money. Yes, there is a lot of dysfunction going on. But it's absurd to listen to TE's criticizing them when we had serious problems with our last mgmt and board. Who's calling the kettle black?
Aloha~

Actually I started this thread before Orchidland guy "shut down" any threads out of frustration at how he kept changing the name of the thread as a way to insult people.

I still think you are wrong about who HPPwatchdog is, neither of us know, both of us have opinions, the difference is you want your opinion to be accepted as fact by everyone and I am willing to acknowledge that neither of us know for certain.
Posted by kalakoa on 2/08/2015
"Any attempt at censorship is reprehensible and detracts seriously from the argument it is attempting to protect." [Posted by me on 2/07/2015]

Feel free to start your own web forum and write your own acceptable use policies, including vetting the account holders and making sure they only post in "authorized" topics. Rob is being more than tolerant, here."

First, Rob, the Moderator, is the one who has indicated more than once that anyone can post to any subject, whether or not other posters approve of the sentiments written. I was reminding mermaid53 of that fact, to counter her attempt to censor responses from certain posters.

Second, the tone and content of your comment indicates that you do not approve of my criticism of censorship. This could not possibly mean that you support censorship, could it? Or did you simply misunderstand what had taken place?
Has anyone else noticed that mermaid53 has not responded to the objections to her attempt to censor the debate here from three posters (including me) - especially after being reminded that the Moderator does not allow such censorship?

Instead, she has deflected the discussion back to her contentions about certain posters "true" identities and their "nefarious" plots. This seems to be an overriding concern of hers - and also, she thinks, a convenient distraction. I have never commented on these points, and will not now. I recommend that those who wish to further this debate also ignore these points whenever they come up.

Instead, only respond to mermaid53's many valuable contributions to the debate (and there have been and will be many).
The TE's have NO IDEA how this lawsuit will turn out so please stop listening to their "slam dunk" propaganda.

Until the lawsuit actually turns out one way or the other, all we have is unsubstantiated propoganda. The only certainty is that money is being collected "for roads (and other maintenance)" and being spent on lawsuits.

This could not possibly mean that you support censorship, could it?

In this case, I would wholeheartedly support censorship of HPP's management issues. They should be censored right off this forum. The world does not revolve around HPP, even if that subdivision does have more mandatory dues than anyone else. We really do have bigger problems in this district and on this island.
quote:
Originally posted by kalakoa

The TE's have NO IDEA how this lawsuit will turn out so please stop listening to their "slam dunk" propaganda.

Until the lawsuit actually turns out one way or the other, all we have is unsubstantiated propoganda. The only certainty is that money is being collected "for roads (and other maintenance)" and being spent on lawsuits.

This could not possibly mean that you support censorship, could it?

In this case, I would wholeheartedly support censorship of HPP's management issues. They should be censored right off this forum. The world does not revolve around HPP, even if that subdivision does have more mandatory dues than anyone else. We really do have bigger problems in this district and on this island.

You can always ignore this thread instead of constantly jumping in with your one note opinion on county zoning and land use (which I happen to agree with). Since you think this thread should be censored you could start by self censoring yourself. Funny how those with no self restraint always advocate for the forced restrain of other's actions.
Funny how those with no self restraint always advocate for the forced restrain of other's actions.

Such as those who think "receivership" and/or "County takes it over" are a viable option?

Those who would raise everyone's road fees, even though not everyone wants nicer roads?

You can look far and wide and you will never find me advocating that position, so don't you try to attach that to my post! Talk about intellectually dishonest discourse, my respect for you just plummeted.
you will never find me advocating that position

My mistake; you merely advocated a "wide open discussion".

Generally: there are many extremes in every direction, and they all apparently live a few blocks apart. The tipping point will come soon enough.
quote:
Originally posted by kalakoa

you will never find me advocating that position

My mistake; you merely advocated a "wide open discussion".

Generally: there are many extremes in every direction, and they all apparently live a few blocks apart. The tipping point will come soon enough.

So you think wide open discussion equals advocating receivership? I thought you were smarter than that.