Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monday Town Hall with Ruggles
my land... has a clear title back to the Hawaiian Kingdom
Sorry to disappoint..

No disappointment at all, I'm glad to hear.
Is it then acceptable for the rest of us with clear titles back to the Great Mahele and earlier land grants, may we keep our property too?

Which leads me back to my earlier question, what property isn't included, in addition to the Waikiki area as Rob pointed out? So far you've only listed:
You are kidding, right?

On Tuesday night, 9/18/2018 Hawaii Senator Mazie Hirono had another message for the Republican senators on the Judiciary Committee “Just shut up and step up. Do the right thing.” She added in another related comment, “Bull$hit.”
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
The question is Crown Lands, and you know it HOTPE.
"And, in fact, descendants of the original family, whose blessings I have, are neighbors."

Those blessings might disappear when the deportations of those with the incorrect DNA start.
So the USA is bad because they are the entity that benefited from whatever questionable funny business resulted in the overthrow of the Monarchy.

That's right, I said it! It was an OVERTHROW, at bayonet point, and no supposed government that came after, based as it was on such a violent act of WAR can be considered valid! How dare "they"! Return power to to the good people who ran things before this treasonous act of WAR! Hang on, I'm sure we can come up with some documentation as to who exactly they were....

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-6vEb90K27OQ/UV3N8nEkQsI/AAAAAAAAABY/iKKsQfD3BpI/s1600/BattleOfNuuanuPali.jpg&imgrefurl=http://the-battle-of-nuuanu.blogspot.com/&h=540&w=769&tbnid=XO20JxZjEhHtuM:&q=battle+of+the+pali&tbnh=160&tbnw=228&usg=AI4_-kRdNLBro_xvJ4ILvmEYVo-BbbdfcA&vet=12ahUKEwjst8b0ydzdAhXhmeAKHcYACTIQ9QEwAHoECAUQBg..i&docid=ZeW6LHqDb4TLzM&client=firefox-b-1&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjst8b0ydzdAhXhmeAKHcYACTIQ9QEwAHoECAUQBg
The question is Crown Lands

So where does the haole with a 1 acre property come into it? Will blaming them solve the problem?
Or would taking a closer look at how existing lands for Native Hawaiians are managed be a better approach (looking at DHHL)? What works under DHHL's administration of homelands? What doesn't work? Because a haole with an acre or two of property in Puna isn't (according to your statement on legitimate land ownership and use) affecting individual Native Hawaiian land rights. Right?

Then, using DHHL as a guide for Native Hawaiian land use, we could move forward from there. Unless you would like to see Crown Lands mismanaged like Homelands?

On Tuesday night, 9/18/2018 Hawaii Senator Mazie Hirono had another message for the Republican senators on the Judiciary Committee “Just shut up and step up. Do the right thing.” She added in another related comment, “Bull$hit.”
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Mark, these are the droids you are looking for:

https://seanmunger.files.wordpress.com/2...rnment.jpg
using DHHL as a guide for Native Hawaiian land use

If nobody is allowed to do anything, we can fire a few County departments.

Think of the savings!
Yes, I can see your point. However it could be said that Kamehameha and other Monarchs possessed some of the same character flaws.

ETA: Most importantly they possess some of the same baggage, namely being illegitimate because they overthrew legitimate chieftainships at spear-point.
Return power to to the good people who ran things before this treasonous act of WAR! (Hawaiian warriors)
Mark, these are the droids you are looking for: (white land barons)

It's almost as if the people with politcal power, influence, and the most money are diametrically opposed to the best interests of the common man? No matter what heritage, blood quantum, or origination story the leaders had, average people suffered, were used, often abused, while the already rich got richer. Many lived a life of wealth, luxury, and privilege based not on hard work or skill but often by birthright alone. And they coerced loyal subjects and workers as the best means of filling a never ending gravy train with sandlewood, sugarcane, pineapple, tools from from the adz quarry...

If we talk about what is right, and correcting what is wrong, can that point be included?

Paul, the only thing I know of Rick is from the candidate debate with Matt... & the main platform he seemed to have was balance the budget by halving the council salary...
He was not voted in at the primary, so will not be taking the council seat of Jen... but that is what he was running for......

Some others from Orchidland may have more to add on that... do not know his stance on the occupation of Hawaii... just the timing of his primary loss & Jens announcement that she will no longer be legislating seems.... well, really close for coincidence, but could be...