Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amazon S-L-O-W shipping
Did anyone notice pigs flying earlier this week?

We had not one, but TWO Amazon orders arrive on time. Both orders even survived going through the black hole of Kona where orders typically spend several days in limbo.
Wahine

Lead by example
Only one order this week:

"Hi Terracore,
Unfortunately, a problem occurred during shipping and we had to cancel your delivery. The package is being returned, and we will issue a refund within 3 - 5 business days after the return is processed. We’re very sorry for the inconvenience."

This happened a few weeks ago with a box containing 11 orders.  The item never left Amazon's possession (it was en route to Kona), so apparently, because it never left them, it couldn't be returned to them (?) because I never got the refund.  It took THREE chat sessions with their customer service professionals to finally get the refund.  Maybe it was a blessing in disguise.  Some of the items I had already found cheaper or better substitutes elsewhere, and a few of the other items Amazon had lowered the price on during the months that transpired between ordering and getting the refund.
FYI I've been thinking about leaving Prime, and trying out Walmart+. It's a joke for anything but local delivery to Hilo. It is supposed to include "free shipping" but everything you try to buy is "out of stock". Yet switch to a mainland address and it's magically back in stock. Even small non-hazardous items sometimes refuse to ship. Rip-off.
@RQ, have you come across something called a " Regional Fee " with WM ?
Jus wondering..

And to further wind those who will . EBT grants free Prime.
Haven't noticed anything labeled as such. If only they shipped I would dig in further to see if faking my IP and GPS location and "ordering from the mainland" would offer cheaper prices.
Still yet: never forget that living in Hawaii is a choice. I assume it's worth tolerating the eternal logistical challenges.
(05-20-2023, 07:44 AM)randomq Wrote: FYI I've been thinking about leaving Prime, and trying out Walmart+. It's a joke for anything but local delivery to Hilo. It is supposed to include "free shipping" but everything you try to buy is "out of stock". Yet switch to a mainland address and it's magically back in stock. Even small non-hazardous items sometimes refuse to ship. Rip-off.

I had a Walmart + free trial but if I recall correctly the only real benefit was saving $7 for each local delivery, and once a fair tip is added the local delivery isn't financial sustainable anyway.  Curbside pickup is free and doesn't require any clubs.  They had some growing pains with their curbside pickup that were frustrating early on, but apparently they've ironed them out because I haven't had any problems for several months.

The location surcharge is a newer "feature".  If one is ordering something that is just a few pounds, its a bargain considering that it arrives UPS after 2-3 days so no waiting in line at the Post Office.  I recently bought some T-post gate hinges from Walmart delivery and total price after the location surcharge was only about $2 more per unit than Amazon and I didn't have to wait 4-6 weeks to get them or wait at the post office.  That is worth more than $2 to me.  But if ordering something like dog food, forget it.  The location surcharge is more than the dog food.

Target has free 2-day UPS delivery for $35+ orders when using their Red Card (save 5% with Red Card).  Most of the items ship from HNL or LIH.  I've even placed an order and received it the next day.  Like Walmart was before the location surcharge, it seems to good to be true and not sure it's going to last, but they seem to have figured out how to make items that are too heavy to ship ineligible for UPS, though they are eligible for same-day either curbside or home delivery with SHIPT.  We had a SHIPT membership (unlimited free home deliveries) but again the gratuity made it unsustainable.
Terracore, let me know if you can order the "Onn Google TV" device to be shipped here. It's one that shows in stock elsewhere, but not here (for me). I'd pay the surcharge for some items if it were an option.
(05-20-2023, 11:59 PM)randomq Wrote: Terracore, let me know if you can order the "Onn Google TV" device to be shipped here. It's one that shows in stock elsewhere, but not here (for me). I'd pay the surcharge for some items if it were an option.

Doesn't show any shipping options.  Says out of stock at Hilo store.  In stock at Kona store.

Free first class shipping on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/115803837860?epid=16059952694&hash=item1af67255a4:g:~2IAAOSwshdkXl~x&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAAwEHwQBHiYiGvqDdawn%2B%2Fd9yWn85L4Nt5c4qwSXD0WVuiABV5kRFYWStKeQSzgOYP%2Fj6DwOXdmyBAzJ4D8yv46LzzfoNFHlOpSl7lJTQTvq0wEsqosXYQqcLiu2Aoe6TkZ%2F0%2FT4xr1UtIg4mRiRkdwQ9vfB56CCy70jGXa2ZaZ9rE1Z2whRIdch4Ze629DK%2FCtZmNMkPuKGbkxxNwcotCi0T10MbEIXuHgOhPAmtiJJp%2FdSQLya2Pj2%2F6zy2fYIWEaw%3D%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR6L-nryHYg
"Unfortunately, a problem occurred during shipping and we had to cancel your delivery. The package is being returned, and we will issue a refund within 3 - 5 business days after the return is processed. We’re very sorry for the inconvenience."

UPS Tracking information on Amazon:

"Package is undeliverable because it is damaged. Package is returning to sender and refund will be issued once return is processed.
DFW Airport, TX US"

UPS Tracking information from UPS:

"The package has been damaged. All merchandise has been discarded and the sender will be notified."