Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amazon S-L-O-W shipping
Is anybody else having trouble getting stuff shipped from Amazon?

I had 4 items that were supposed to ship yesterday, and suddenly they can't tell me when they'll ship. Some of the items show as currently in stock, others are out of stock now, but all were in stock when I ordered.

Did they fire all their warehouse workers or something? Jeeze, I'd hate to have to buy local!

><(((*< ... ><(("< ... ><('< ... >o>

I thought I was the only one. All of our last several orders are taking forever. I used the amazon chat feature to complain that my last order hadn't yet shipped even though it was past the "expected delivery" date. The CSA said that one of the items was out of stock so the entire order got held up until they get it in. Then they tried to compensate by shipping it 2-day FedEx instead of mailing it.

Something is definitely different.
I had a order a month ago that took for ever but just got a order in 5 days today. Who knows?

jrw
jrw
Hmmmm....I had issues in February, but hadn't ordered anything until last week. Got text stating its at post office ready for pick up.

Best wishes
Best wishes
I wondered. I had an order that was supposed to be here last Friday. It just shipped out today Sad

Its a colorful life!
Its a colorful life!
So...is anybody with Prime having problems, or are they just screwing with those of us who don't want to pay the annual fee?

All the stuff I ordered was fulfilled by Amazon; shipping on that is usually pretty quick. Orders not fulfilled by Amazon can take a month or more to arrive.

><(((*< ... ><(("< ... ><('< ... >o>
Not a prime user, but I spent hours on Amazon's glitchy website day before yesterday placing an order for a camera. The price went up by $20 after I placed the order, and of course the "free" shipping disappeared since I live here. An accessory memory card's price also jumped a few bucks, but I still placed the order. Woke up to a call at 4:30 AM from the vendor (not Amazon but one of their sub-vendors) informing me that the camera model was out of stock (the page had said otherwise and accepted my order). The sales guy asked me to go back on the site and cancel the order, a procedure which for some reason he couldn't do unless I got back on the glacial website and cancelled the order personally. After the painstaking process I was informed that i might have brownie points withdrawn as punishment for the cancellation.

Not sure I'll continue to patronize Amazon if there are other options. Many of the navigation problems are probably due to my old OS/mac and dial-up connection, but I used to be able to buy stuff there fairly easily. I think the webmasters (with some justification) no longer bother to write code that's practical for dial-up.
I ran into some shipping delays back during the holidays and spoke to customer service about it. They said that for orders with free shipping they can (and do) deprioritize the picking and packing. Essentially, by choosing free shipping you've said you don't need it right away.

They don't need to build marketshare anymore, they need to better monetize their service. These processing delays and marketplace outsourcing can save on order fulfillment costs and provide customer motivation to upgrade to Prime all at the same time. Genius! Wink
Have had about 6 or 8 orders shipped with Amazon Prime in this last month or so. No problems at all. As usual, several of the orders arrived a day earlier than promised.
quote:
Essentially, by choosing free shipping you've said you don't need it right away.

They don't seem to ship many things free to Hawaii anyway in my experience.