Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monday Town Hall with Ruggles
Kamehameha invited the King of Koa'e (modern day "no corners", previously "4 corners") over for dinner and a chat in Hilo with a peace guarantee. He was killed upon arrival. Nice guy.

that sounds like the RED WEDDING in Game of Thrones, Riversnout!

Aloha Smile
Aloha Smile
I was wondering why no one is referring to Ms Ruggles' new claim against Queens medical center. Does anyone feel used and abused as she continues to use our tax money to further her agendas, and they are hers not the County who continues to pay her salary for refusing to do the job she was elected to do
To quote another politician in the news recently, the County Council needs to get a backbone and throw her out. At the very least stop paying her salary and lock her out of the offices she is occupying.
I've been wondering how her position allows her to accept U.S. dollars in paying her salary. She should be demanding Hawaiian Kingdom currency.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Lolo, see page 5 of this thread.
T-H article today: "Ruggles: Queen’s may have committed war crimes"

"Puna Councilwoman Jen Ruggles sent a letter to the CEO of The Queen’s Health Systems stating the state’s largest private employer “may have committed the international crime of genocide against aboriginal Hawaiians.”

https://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/201...ar-crimes/

Definition: genocide: the deliberate killing of a large group of people, especially those of a particular ethnic group or nation.

This topic is getting more crackpot by the day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2E1m90YSpA

I thought it was a joke at first: Dr deZayas , but just a odd coincidence.
What I see being described is fraud, not genocide. While actual instances or attempts at genocide tragically do in fact occur, calling this genocide is pathetic and destroys the credibility of those making the claim.
"calling this genocide is pathetic..."

And the apologists who support Ruggles' genocide claim by standing by her? If they are native Hawaiians, we can expect that rhetoric.

But non-native Hawaiians supporting that case here because they think they are presenting an accurate interpretation of history? Rather irresponsible.

Her statement should be disavowed.
Her (Jen Ruggles) statement should be disavowed.

Or her statement should at least be questioned.
I posted the method of initial funding for the hospital on page 7 of this thread:

Kamehameha IV and Queen Emma pledged their own money and personally raised funds for the hospital, and in 1860 a coral stone building was erected for the bargain cost of $14,728.92. When Queen Emma died, she left the bulk of her estate to the Hospital -- which is today the Queen’s Medical Center.

The questions are then:
1) Did another entity take over the funding, and was the commitment of free health care for Native Hawaiians agreed to by the new organization?
2) Don't all people including Native Hawaiians receive free health care when they go to the Emergency Room? My understanding is, no one can be turned away from the Emergency Room in a public hospital.

Then, if Native Hawaiians are provided with free health care at the Queen's Emergency Room, where is the genocide? If they're not, and Queen's is no longer funded or managed by the Queen Emma Estate which provided the initial promise for health care, and other Hawaiian groups have allowed the funding to lapse (Kam Schools with billions, OHA, etc), who exactly is creating the genocide and where do you place the blame?

On Tuesday night, 9/18/2018 Hawaii Senator Mazie Hirono had another message for the Republican senators on the Judiciary Committee “Just shut up and step up. Do the right thing.” She added in another related comment, “Bull$hit.”
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves