• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Water Bottling Plant in Hilo Proposed
quote:
Originally posted by HereOnThePrimalEdge

You think my opinions, which are mainstream

You need to get out more

BACKDOOR CENSORSHIP.

Otherwise known as Troll Control

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” - Mark Twain

You articulate dung, thinking it is cleverness.

Speaking Truth to Lies / Facts to Ignorance
quote:
Originally posted by glinda

All talking points, all from breitbar, infowars, and naturalnews, all made up, and irrational. Though them Russian trolls sure can go on and on. I suppose working for bread, when the store shelves are bare, is a pretty strong motivator. Carry on Open.. a guy's gotta make a living, I suppose.

You also articulate dung under mistaken impression it is wit or brilliance or even rational. It is not, but verbal dung, and you do yourself a grave dis-service.

Having said that, I'll seek more intelligent dung.

You articulate dung, thinking it is cleverness.

An erudite troll is still a troll.
riddle me this

All of your questions are based on past cyclical climate changes without 7 billion people ADDING to the climate change cycle.

You've already said your analysis "is a SWAG based on my overall impression of the situation," or based on nothing. So there is no possible means to substantiate what you're saying. 1/2"? 1"? 2"? Any number you use is made up to fit your belief system.

I understand some climate change is natural.
I understand through scientific measurements some climate change is manmade.
What I don't understand is, why anyone who also accepts that premise would use a made up number to insist we do nothing - - WHEN IF WE REMOVE THE HUMAN PART OF THE CLIMATE CHANGE EQUATION - - less people would die of heat stroke, fewer crops would fail, islands would not disappear under increased sea levels.

But no, I'll just turn up the AC chump, I got mine.

Maybe if we did build another bottling plant here, and you drank Hawaiian water instead of the Kool-Aid, we all would be better off.

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” - Mark Twain
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
quote:

riddle me this

All of your questions are based on past cyclical climate changes without 7 billion people ADDING to the climate change cycle.

You've already said your analysis "is a SWAG based on my overall impression of the situation," or based on nothing. So there is no possible means to substantiate what you're saying. 1/2"? 1"? 2"? Any number you use is made up to fit your belief system.

I understand some climate change is natural.
I understand through scientific measurements some climate change is manmade.
What I don't understand is, why anyone who also accepts that premise would use a made up number to insist we do nothing - - WHEN IF WE REMOVE THE HUMAN PART OF THE CLIMATE CHANGE EQUATION - - less people would die of heat stroke, fewer crops would fail, islands would not disappear under increased sea levels.

But no, I'll just turn up the AC chump, I got mine.

Maybe if we did build another bottling plant here, and you drank Hawaiian water instead of the Kool-Aid, we all would be better off.

7 billion people, to you and me, could be quite a prospect, but to the earth, and the sun it is s speck of dust.

As far as the number, it is impossible to calculate with trillions of variable involved such as sun spots, coronal mass ejections, orbit variatios, tilt variations, resulting ocean current variations. ANYONE who asserts they can caluclate it with certainty is a fool, only surpassed by those who believe it. I stand by my estimate in the absence of any other well founded, or even partially-founded estimate.

What are you going to do to stop the pulsing of the sun, its ever changing output, the change in our orbit around the sun or the tilt of the earth's axis....

I swear you know nothing about the myriad of factors involved. I know that there are far too many of them to calculate, much less change, and than nothing we can do would or could change it. The die is cast by no less than Mother Nature herself.

How about Nuclear? I know you wouldn't go for that 'cause, 'cause' cause, 'cause, yadda, yadda, yadda, yadda. Your ilk is even calling for an end to wind 'cause it kills birdies.

quote:

riddle me this

Dr. Pepper (Diet)

past cyclical climate changes without 7 billion people ADDING to the climate change cycle.
----------------------
I guess you could estimate the lessor numbers of animals on the planet, due to all those humans. Do they cancel out?
Open-d says:
ANYONE who asserts they can caluclate it with certainty is a fool,
I stand by my estimate

Taking a stand, based on an estimate, caluclated (sic) with nothing.
How much is the toll today?

"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
you could estimate the lessor numbers of animals on the planet, due to all those humans.

Probably more animals, to feed the humans.
Chickens, cattle, hogs...

Dr. Pepper (Diet)

That explains much. The various diet sodas are known to have weird side effects in people who consume them over a long term.

I switched to water. I would really like to have a local bottling plant, especially if it offered discounts to residents who picked it up directly.