Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you have a dog
Who's to stop them from renting down the street from the house they were evicted from, hope you don't have a lot of rentals on your block! Tools like that might try and stick around just to spite you - but you'd think that they'd want out of the situation just as much as you and the rest of your neighbors

Never underestimate the power of the dark side.
quote:
Originally posted by DickWilson

My own personal response to anyone harming a member of my family is a matter of my conscience

Finally, we get to it.

Let me apply that to myself now:

"My own personal response to any[one, animals, blah blah blah...] harming a member of my family is a matter of my conscience..."

Ta dah.

I must say TomK has made admirable choices. Well done.

-- rainshadow
-- rainshadow
Sorry for resurrecting another old thread. Two in two days, not bad! Anyway, for those interested in the situation I've found myself in over the last 12 months this is the update:

Next door's attack dog is gone and has been for several weeks. I don't know where it is, but the neighbor no longer has any dogs on the property. This is bliss for everyone else on the street as well as myself. We no longer have to walk around with baseball bats or in my case a cricket bat to protect ourselves.

However, the neighbor still lives in the house despite an eviction notice that should have had him out of the house many weeks ago. Given his behavior over the last few months it's making everyone around here a little nervous but so far there have been no further incidents or 911 calls. He is squatting there.

What I have found out in the last day or so is interesting though. The guy owes the IRS over $20K in taxes. Fine, maybe it was a business that went wrong, except he still owns a business in Keaau. He has 71 cases against him listed on eCourt Kokua. Not so good. One or two are DUIs. Another case on eCourt is a criminal case which is about his dog running loose and out of control. I don't know why that is in traffic court but there you go. He didn't turn up for the hearing but has been summonsed to appear in court on 18th April. He also has two other cases he has to appear in court for this month. The eCourt criminal case details were strange. I'm listed as a witness but have not been contacted by the court or the police but suspect this is being prosecuted by the police officer involved. I wasn't there at the time but the officer visited the property in January after a complaint about the dog attacking people and told a neighbor (this is hearsay) "That dog was going to eat me". The officer describes the dog as a pit bull/mastiff. For you dog experts out there, you might now understand that this dog was very large. Mastiffs can get as large as 200lbs.

So, finally, again from eCourt Kokua, I find that my next door neighbor was jailed for a year in November last year for driving on a suspended license after being convicted of a DUI. Bizarrely, the 1 year jail sentence is served Thursday evening until Saturday evening each week. The rest of the time he's free to squat next door.

Anyway, the dog is gone and it's safe to cycle or walk in A road again in HPP!

Tom
http://apacificview.blogspot.com/
Thanks for the update, Tom. It sounds like you and your neighbors have handled this just right.
It can only be a matter of time until he's gone, especially if the landlord knows he's away two days a week - he can help him move his stuff and install shiny new locks.