Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LOST DOG IN HPP
Good morning!
Thank You so much to all of you!!! the feedback is wonderful and helpfull!! I saw the poster at the furniture store and even though this dog looks really cute, it's not "Monoi". Thank You again for taking the time to answer to my message, give tips or infos. Mahalo Everyone!!
quote:
gosh i was in hilo town yesterday and say a FOUND dog poster.. i just glanced at it, big long hair red dog look like retriever.. but remember the green collar. where it was found was not a name i am familiar with.. i think i saw this poster at discount furniture across the street from what is now coconut grill (back entrance to reeds bay) i did pick up a business card, their number is 935-2167. if i didnt see the poster there, then i saw it on door of the Home Place, those where the only 2 places i was in hilo. i know it is a long shot, but worth the phone call.. looked like a sweet big dog...

I will second the suggestion that you check with the Humane Society every day. In the SF Bay Area, the animal control agency in the South Bay held animals for about 48 hours back a few years. One of my roommate's dog, a husky with wanderlust (redundant?), disappeared when a gate was left open. He went to the pound every other day to stay ahead of their euthanization schedule. After one month, his dog showed up! It looked quite well-fed, so he thought that it had found another "home" before moving on. I'm not familiar with the policy of the local Humane Society for how long they hold animals before putting them down. But I would not trust that they are guaranteed to stick to that schedule. Also, I've heard a story that they put down someone's animal while the owners were in the office to retrieve the animal.

You may be correct, your dog could be living with someone else by now. It could have lost its collar, or the possible new family could have decided that they waited long enough before keeping the dog. Whatever the case, it's probably best to keep flooding the area with posters, preferably with a good photo. After this amount of time, your dog could be anywhere in a greater area than the original starting point. Be sure to check on those posters regularly to make sure they've survived the rain or removal. Also, if you are fortunate enough to recover your dog, don't forget to take the posters down.

Microchips are useful only if the agencies that have the scanners are consciencious about checking for the chips. Don't assume that they will check.

Good luck, I hope you find your friend!

Edited by - Les C on 04/19/2007 10:32:35

Edited by - Les C on 04/19/2007 10:33:49
Is there some kind of community center in HPP? Maybe a place to post a picture and description?

Carrie

Carrie

http://www.carrierojo.etsy.com
http://www.vintageandvelvet.blogspot.com

"Freedom has a scent like the top of a newborn baby's head..." U2
You may want to check with Ahmed with the HPP Neighborhood Watch...They hand out flyers monthly & may be able to include something on your dog. Also check with the staff at the Homeowners Hui off of Makuu. You may also see if you can get Walt to put something in the Conch newsletter. Also check to see if you can post something at Malama School, esp. in the coffee house.

I went to the HPP Homeowners Hui... A lady was there and she first told me she receives a lot of phone calls for lost or found animals, then 2 days later, the lady told me the only one she received was for a lost cat, 4 months ago... When I asked her if they keep track of the phone calls, her answer was no... I'm still hoping and looking... Thank You everyone.

Edited by - marama77 on 04/22/2007 15:57:59
Hi everyone,
You can see my dog "monoi" at : http://www.archawaii.org/lost.htm
I found this website last week.