Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pahoa getting a new shopping mall
quote:
Originally posted by ericlp...
The property has been used as a base yard for Bryson�s Cinders for the last 30 years, according to the rezone application....

I wonder where Bryson's is going to go?
At least it would be competition

I think the 400 employee number is a little high
quote:
Originally posted by Kapohocat

[quote]Originally posted by ericlp...
The property has been used as a base yard for Bryson�s Cinders for the last 30 years, according to the rezone application....

(/quote]
Bryson sold his quarry to Sanford's about 6 months ago

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it cost when it’s free...now here come the taxes.....
If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it cost when it’s free...now here come the taxes.....
if this is what it takes to create a cohesive highway design encompassing hwy 130, pahoa bypass, kahakai, malama market and longs then i am for it. you know what they say, 6th times the charm.
quote:
Originally posted by Kahunascott

quote:
Originally posted by Kapohocat

[quote]Originally posted by ericlp...

(/quote]
Bryson sold his quarry to Sanford's about 6 months ago

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it cost when it�s free...now here come the taxes.....

I mean Sandford's right down the hwy from Malama/Longs area. I always get them confused!

I gotta look up the address - It is going in the space near the Feed store area... not by Malama then?
Sounds like that, Cat...if they are planning to lengthen Kahakai for an entrance.

Carrie

http://www.sapphiresoap.etsy.com
http://www.septemberspirals.etsy.com

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR
Carrie Rojo

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR
Check the maps on Bing.com, they use small planes and have really good 360 degree views of the property, just zoom in and rotate the view. One side looks like it is aligned with the road in between Long's and the auto parts store. My guess is they want to put the 4-way stop light in there, and continue the road alongside the property for access to the new mall. There is still one other property between that property and Malama Marketplace.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
It's hard to know what new stores can make it here. I don't think we need another hardware store and I have never found a line at the clinic we have now. The Malama Market could be a little bigger but I can't see a whole new grocery chain needing to come in. Maybe a bakery, like Great Harvest Bread, or discount groceries like Trader Joe's, maybe a smaller burger chain, the first In and Out burgers in the state. Maybe a store selling only locally made goods. And something more than asphalt and buildings! Most everyplace that puts a little table and chair outside has someone sitting it even if it is just a couple of feet from a parked car.

Jay
Jay
A Trader Joe's would really fit there and be quite awesome, actually. The thing that needs to change is for that Kentucky Fried to be a Taco Bell, would fit a lot better, and who is going to eat Kentucky Fried when they can just go up a couple blocks to Malama and get half a huli-huli chicken for $5?
*Japanese tourist on bus through Pahoa, "Is this still America?*
I sure wish those huli huli chickens cost only $5, try $7-8. Still a far better product than KFC though.

Does anyone know how to give feedback on this project? The article said they would take comments via email, but didn't give an email address.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb